Whatcha got cookin' July 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seafood here as well. Last night, we went out for our anniversary to a favorite Italian restaurant.

The food, as always, was excellent and filling.

Below, Insalata di Mare and Spaghetti allo Scoglio, with fresh squid, baby octopus, mussels, and clams. I also had a steak. Didn't photograph it, though, since we've all seen a steak. ;)
not for a while steve....i'm an estate agent in a recession market.last steak i saw was still mooing in a field & 4 of us were chasing it with clubs:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!
happy anniversary steve,looks like the food did it justice:yum:!!

Seafood here as well. Last night, we went out for our anniversary to a favorite Italian restaurant.

The food, as always, was excellent and filling.

Below, Insalata di Mare and Spaghetti allo Scoglio, with fresh squid, baby octopus, mussels, and clams. I also had a steak. Didn't photograph it, though, since we've all seen a steak. ;)

img_1164769_0_abddea76dc73ee11af23b72a7f7b26cd.jpg

img_1164769_1_281ae8adecef3ffda7ceb8041bad9c94.jpg

Hope you and your wife had a lovely anniversary Steve :)

The food looks great!

very nice crispy fish, harry.

thatsa beautiful ah'beetsa, rock.

we had a great day today. we had our little league baseball team picnic. it was a blast.

the parents won the kids vs. parents game, 5 - 2. well, actually we let the starting pitcher's little 3 year old brother get up to bat, and he hit a grand slam to win the game when we gave them 4 outs in the final inning.

then we had pizza, and cake, and a huge water gun battle.

next up is a team fishing trip. i'm thrilled that our team has so many great kids, and good parents.

by the time we got home, it was too late to cook, so to my surprise dw asked me to pick up chili dogs, fries, and cole slaw for dinner.

like i said, it was a great day.

very nice crispy fish, harry.

thatsa beautiful ah'beetsa, rock.

we had a great day today. we had our little league baseball team picnic. it was a blast.

the parents won the kids vs. parents game, 5 - 2. well, actually we let the starting pitcher's little 3 year old brother get up to bat, and he hit a grand slam to win the game when we gave them 4 outs in the final inning.

next up is a team fishing trip. i'm thrilled that our team has so many great kids, and good parents.

by the time we got home, it was too late to cook, so to my surprise dw asked me to pick up chili dogs, fries, and cole slaw for dinner.

morning tom,thanks mate but like i said,all credit to rocklobster & guy fieri!!.sounds like a great day,pizza & cake too....winner winner pizza dinner:yum:!!
sea or river fishing tom?.bolas & i used to do a bit of sea fishing,keep on threatening to buy some gear again & do it.probably this autumn,the autumn/winter/spring seem to be the best times for fishing on our coast.
trouble is it's so easy to get hooked....awww c'mon.....it's me:rolleyes:!!

oh well, i did it again. i posted in the wrong thread. this was supposed to be for sunday.

can you tell my internal clock is out of whack trying to change from v.s.t. to d.s.t.?

harry, we'll go out ocean fishing for summer fluke with the team and parents. but i promised my boy i'd take him out in the ocean night fishing for bluefish and striped bass before the end of the summer.

you and brother bolas should get out and wet a line. i would love to fish with you guys, but i think we'd be laughing and drinking too hard to catch anytghing (besides colds).

It sure does sound like a great day Tom :)

I love the sound of the water gun battle...we have some Nerf water guns, Steve and I like to get out in the back garden and have water fights :LOL:

The food you have throughout the day sounds lovely too :yum:

kylie, we brought a bunch of nerf water guns to the park today.

you have to get the nerf hydro cannon. it looks like a bazooka and when pumped up, delivers a good blast of about 2 cups of water with good force.

when i was being attacked by all of the little kids today, one good blast from the hydro cannon stopped them in their tracks, lol.

Oh yes...we have seen that one...looks pretty full on and obviously is by the sounds of it :cool:

That is so funny...I could imagine you soaking the little guys with your hydro cannon :LOL: They didnt stand a chance :ROFLMAO:

harry, we'll go out ocean fishing for summer fluke with the team and parents. but i promised my boy i'd take him out in the ocean night fishing for bluefish and striped bass before the end of the summer.

you and brother bolas should get out and wet a line. i would love to fish with you guys, but i think we'd be laughing and drinking too hard to catch anytghing (besides colds).
i think you are right there tom! years ago i went beach casting off a beautiful beach near portmadoc in north wales.i had forgotten my bait so was using pieces of the sandwiches i had brought for lunch.so,i'm up to my knees in the freezing cold waves,catching nothing,knackered from casting & trying to stand up in the waves, when i noticed a young lad standing off my right shoulder.
he looked at me & said(read this in a welsh accent) "you won't bl**dy catch anything"
i said "why? don't portmadoc fish like cheese & onion sandwiches?"
he said"'course they do but 10 miles up the road in menai,there's been a tidal shift 'ere & nobody's caught anything off this beach in ten years!"
i gave him the rest of my sandwiches & left:LOL:!!

Back
Top Bottom