Whatcha got cookin' July 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another very hot day. Going to do my take on an Ina Garten recipe...

Lemon pasta (w/ garlic & evoo) w/ roasted shrimp & broccoli & parmesan cheese.

I like the way the shrimp & broccoli were roasted together, but since it's so hot, will grill the shrimp & broccoli on the indoor grill.

Avocado & tomato salad
Garlic bread
chablis

Dessert - undecided.

Pasta with Shrimp Recipes from Ina Garten - Barefoot Contessa Pasta - House Beautiful

Last edited:
Made a batch of jerk marinade. Got some chicken and some hot dogs (for the Hot Dog Challenge) layin' in it. Gonna fire up the fire pit a bit later. I hear it rumblin' and grumblin' outside off to the south, but rain ain't never stopped me from gettin' supper done!

Oh yeah, almost forgot...Rice and peas, tossed salad, and a glass of Blenheim's Hot Ginger Ale with a bourbon chaser.

Last edited:
so gather round my fellow gastronauts,i want to tell you a story.what? no i won't just get on with it at all.a few months ago i watched an episode of triple d & guy f visited a seaside restaurant somewhere in the boston,maine,chesapeake bay area where they fried fabulous fresh seafood & fish very simply dredged in cornmeal.nothing else,just cornmeal.IMO exactly how super fresh seafood/fish should be cooked.what else does it need?.as well as the food the view was stunning.i said to bolas who was also watching..one day i'm going there & i will eat that food & gaze out over that beach towards the ocean....and,trust me,one day i will....see,not a dry eye in the house is there?in the meantime i have cooked this in homage:
harry's cornmeal double dredged,fried,tilapia,king scallops,squid & prawns with oven fries,coleslaw & icy cold beer

Attachments

• FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 221
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 160
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 153
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 160
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 208
Nice, Harry. That would go well with my hangover.
I am making pizza dough with my new food processor that arrived today. Yay!
Pizza and a few bottles of the ol' Hair of the Dog pilsner...

Last edited:
Nice, Harry. That would go well with my hangover.
I am making pizza dough with my new food processor that arrived today. Yay!
Pizza and a few bottles of the ol' Hair of the Dog pilsner...
cheers rock.rough gig last night eh?hope the processor has got a good silencer!
all credit to you rock & your advice on cornmeal/double dipping etc.never cooked either meal before....beginners luck i guess.enjoy the pizza,drink more beer,the pain will pass.....but only if you drink enough beer:cool:!!

Yum, yum, yum! Beautiful! I want a fish taco.

so gather round my fellow gastronauts,i want to tell you a story.what? no i won't just get on with it at all.a few months ago i watched an episode of triple d & guy f visited a seaside restaurant somewhere in the boston,maine,chesapeake bay area where they fried fabulous fresh seafood & fish very simply dredged in cornmeal.nothing else,just cornmeal.IMO exactly how super fresh seafood/fish should be cooked.what else does it need?.as well as the food the view was stunning.i said to bolas who was also watching..one day i'm going there & i will eat that food & gaze out over that beach towards the ocean....and,trust me,one day i will....see,not a dry eye in the house is there?in the meantime i have cooked this in homage:
harry's cornmeal double dredged,fried,tilapia,king scallops,squid & prawns with oven fries,coleslaw & icy cold beer

Yum, yum, yum! Beautiful! I want a fish taco.
omg,that's it c!! or that lot in pitta bread.....not the chips or coleslaw of course,they'd still be sides.....crunchy fish,soft pitta or taco...cold beer....mmmmmmmmm(you've got to read that in a homer simpson voice from crunchy fish onwards)

omg,that's it c!! or that lot in pitta bread.....not the chips or coleslaw of course,they'd still be sides.....crunchy fish,soft pitta or taco...cold beer....mmmmmmmmm(you've got to read that in a homer simpson voice from crunchy fish onwards)

There used to be a place on the beach that made the best fish tacos, with tartar sauce, coleslaw & french fries.

And, a small Mexican stand, that sold 3 tiny shrimp tacos with guacamole & pico de gallo for 99 cents. (Sadly, the latter is gone.) Great-looking meal, H.

There used to be a place on the beach that made the best fish tacos, with tartar sauce, coleslaw & french fries.

And, a small Mexican stand, that sold 3 tiny shrimp tacos with guacamole & pico de gallo for 99 cents. (Sadly, the latter is gone.) Great-looking meal, H.
guess it would be even better on that beach:rolleyes:!!

which? the food or the story.....or both?

Both, actually. :) The food looks amazing, and your story made me stop and think - there are so many beautiful places in the world, and I'm fortunate to live fairly near the beaches and where it's sunny 300 days a year. Sometimes I take that for granted...:ermm:

Great looking dinner!

I felt like cooking something extra nice tonight so went to the local grocer and bought a nicely marbled porterhouse steak. While I was looking through the steaks a package of sea scallops caught my eye, unheard of in Small Town, America, so I gave them the sniff test and bought those, too. The starches will be garlic bread and potato and the green will be broccoli. The beverage a red and white can. No, not Coke ;^)

Back
Top Bottom