"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Whatcha havin' tonight?

What? I'm first?

At any rate, it's a beautiful, beautiful day so I'm making meatballs in a mushroom sauce, French green beans, buttered whole kernel corn, iced tea and probably the last of the walnut cake with caramel icing.

Gonna spend as much time outside today as I can, as it would be a sin not to.

What is everyone else having?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Fresh swordfish is on sale this week so I'll be picking up a piece to do on the grill. I'll have to figure out what to serve along side.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Certified Cake Maniac

I am not sure what is happening today. DH is working, I am laid up with my leg until I can see the doctor next week, and Dad isn't ready to make dinner.....yet

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Master Chef

Laurie, hope your leg gets better soon! You've had so many complications! I guess we're going to my nephew's high school football game tonight so will eat at the concession stand since the band boosters run it as a fundraiser. He plays tuba in the marching band.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Executive Chef

sorry to read about the laid up leg laurie

a few days ago I made a meatloaf with half chevon and half ground pork. Dh is really happy with it so I am serving him that over bread. I'll do something with fresh potatoes and green beans for me.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
Head Chef

I took a small rack of ribs out of the freezer this morning, so I'll start with those. Maybe I'll make fries and pick up a small container of coleslaw from the pub.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
Senior Cook

I'm doing roasted chicken with a fig/mustard glaze and roasted acorn squash and chorizo with honey/blood orange sauce
Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, everyone for the concern about my leg - it had been getting increasingly harder to walk and yesterday my dog tripped me so we were off to our home away from home, the hospital. There is no damage to the joint and no infection which is great news. My doctor is away until Monday so I am to keep it up as much as possible until I can see him. thank goodness for the lap top and my comfy recliner!

Well, my sister is coming over with dinner after work and we are all going to watch the football game together! I am really looking forward to it and so is Dad!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim
I'm doing roasted chicken with a fig/mustard glaze and roasted acorn squash and chorizo with honey/blood orange sauce
I'll be right over, Jim. Can you serve that to me on that beautiful Florida beach of yours? Sounds scrumptious. Cheers!

Be well, LPBeier...we all are thinking of you

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Sweet and sour chicken, chilli beef, chilli king prawns, a ton of special friend rice and a pile of prawn crackers perched so precariously on the dining table that I'm nibbling them now.

I ordered a Chinese takeaway for family. So close to our holiday I can't be doing with cooking tonight.