Whatcha having Tues. Sept. 6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds great Pac. I'll have to settle for 5 oz (dry weight) spaghetti topped with fresh tomato sauce and some Seabrook Farms creamed spinach. Guess I'll have to heavily lay on the parmigiano and locatelli to boost the protein content.

Because it was rainy and chilly I made chicken noodle soup (with the voodoo stock).

It got great reviews from the other side of the table. :chef:

I've never had Salisbury Steak. I've always seen it as a hamburger with gravy, but I'm sure there is more to it than that.

Could you explain what it is? Even a recipe maybe?
I prefer a Salisbury to a hamburger because I use 12 to 16 ounces of ground beef for a Salisbury. I can fry it with butter in a screaming hot cast iron pan and get a nice crust on it without it being overdone. Cannot achieve that kind of crust on my 6 ounce burgers.

Tonight I will be having sliced local sausages made of various meats and spices then encased with lamb intestine. Sautéed in olive oil along with onion, garlic and strips of smoked pork cut from the back of a swine. A lovely can of sauced legumes will be added, along with some diced tomatoes and chilies, then everything will be simmered slowly until the sauce has reduced. This will all be served atop some toasted slices of enriched wheat flour... Perhaps even topped with a wonderful, thick tomato based sauce made right here in PA.

:huh:

Fancy smanchy!! You sound so formal today Pal you made me :LOL:
Are you dressing for dinner?

Kayelle said:
Fancy smanchy!! You sound so formal today Pal you made me :LOL:
Are you dressing for dinner?

Note his avatar. Always all dressed up!

Very descriptive, Pac! Ya got me with lamb intestine.

Last edited:
I typed that in my best Julia Child's voice, Kayelle :LOL:

And I always dress for wienies and beans. What I really needed though was my Tactical Kitchen Warfare T shirt. Then if I dribble some ketchup I won't mind ;)

mmmm taco salad....

Do you add dressing to yours? The big thing around here was to put Catalina dressing on taco salads. It's become a taste I can't deny. Catalina dressing and crumbled nacho cheese Doritos, lol. Good stuff! Hard to believe I ever liked those Doritos, but I always buy them when I make a taco salad.

:ROFLMAO: Julia Child's voice.

We're having Taco Salad........too dang hot for frying tortillas for Taco's. Ack, I hate those hard things from the store.
I made my last taco salad using the microwave. I oiled a bowl and turned it upside down, then put the soft tortilla on top of it. I nuked it for 2 min, then let it cool on a paper towel.

It was good, but half was crisp and half was kinda chewy (microwaves will do that), but it beat using the oven. Here is a picture of the one I made.

img_1046184_0_b04f99f415efdd3ed4b260b273c1d040.jpg

That's clever VB.......I'm going to do that!!

Catalina dressing Pac? I have a bottle of it in the pantry......don't know exactly why. I think maybe it was for some kind of a chicken dish I never made.
I'll try it on the Taco salad.

Gotta have the Catalina for taco salad. I tended bar at an upscale Mexican style restaurant in college, they mixed the Cat with salsa for an outstanding taco salad. I do the same now. I prefer it to French dressing.

Hmm. Taco salad.

Leftover tuna casserole tonight.

Last edited:
That's clever VB.......I'm going to do that!!

Catalina dressing Pac? I have a bottle of it in the pantry......don't know exactly why. I think maybe it was for some kind of a chicken dish I never made.
I'll try it on the Taco salad.

Go for it. It's more "salady" than taco sauce. It's like a cross over dressing ;)

salt and pepper said:
Fried walleye fillets dredged in potato flour with tomato,onion ,dill and olive oil.

Now there ya go! Looks fantastic, S&P!

SilverM0on said:
of course.. fresh.. i cant stand aditive flavored transformed food :-0
you cant even recognize half of the ingredient on the label

You will have to post the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom