Whatcha having Tues. Sept. 6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:

:ROFLMAO: dang, that looks good! And with your Julia accent, I believe the proper word is "Belch". Or some other ladylike saying. Can't think of any right now.

I made oyster stew and put it in the fridge to steep overnight.

Dinner was egg rolls and Chinese hot mustard. (frozen/toaster oven heated)

Nice and crispy.

:ROFLMAO: dang, that looks good! And with your Julia accent, I believe the proper word is "Belch". Or some other ladylike saying. Can't think of any right now.

High five Dawg! :LOL: And he'll be "fluffing " all night too. :dry:

By the way you two...... That Catalina Dressing mixed with salsa was WAY GOOD on our taco salad. Thanks.

Dawgluver said:
Gotta have the Catalina for taco salad. I tended bar at an upscale Mexican style restaurant in college, they mixed the Cat with salsa for an outstanding taco salad. I do the same now. I prefer it to French dressing.

Hmm. Taco salad.

Leftover tuna casserole tonight.

I dice up jalepenos and add them plus a little lime, ground corrianer and sriracha to Catalina dressing for taco salad. I make it the night before so the flavors have a chance to blend.

Tonight we had baked cornish game hens stuffed with shallots, celery, rosemary and garlic; baked potatoes with sour cream and chives; mushrooms, zuchini and yellow crook neck squash sauteed with green onions, chopped basil and a little salt.

You'll have to excuse my enthusiasm for a moment but I just have to gush over the game hens. They were incredible. I didn't baste them once while cooking because there was nothing in the pan to baste them with. I couldn't have made gravy because when they were done there were just the tiniest few drops in the bottom of the pan under the roasting rack.

When we cut into them we were squirted with juices that ran down our forks onto our hands and threatened to reach down to our elbows if we didn't act quickly enough. And we had puddles on our plates from the extra juices (though we each found a way to soak up and devour every last drop of our individual puddles). The meat was tender and had a wonderful almost sweet quality in the flavor. The vegetables stuffed inside gave the meat near the bone an extra boost that, while not needed, was highly complementary. I don't think I've ever made better poultry.

The sides fit perfectly because they were realy good but simple and not distracting from the hens. The hubby was thrilled with it. I don't think I've made a meal that was quite this good in a while.

Here was my dinner. I made a pizza with turkey, spinach, artichoke hearts, onion, cheddar and mozz cheeses. The pictures aren't great. My camera battery was on the outs.

img_1046315_0_b5dbb49ff5729a459de09b745c51ace5.jpg

img_1046315_1_77a293c1d80faf257a411077319f0bf6.jpg

Turkey, spinach and artichoke hearts... love the combination. Great looking pizza.
Did you use anything for a sauce? Just brushed with EVOO maybe ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom