Whatcha having Tues. Sept. 6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
After much consideration, it has been decided that we will have Salisbury steaks, mashed taters and gravy and broccoli with cheese sauce. What'll be on your table?

I made fresh rosemary garlic bread yesterday and allocated some of the dough to make pizza crusts, so that's what we'll have tonight. One of our favorite seasonal pizzas right now is Neapolitan style, with rough chopped tomatoes (not a sauce, per se), basil, and fresh homemade mozzarella. Simple and delicious!

My BIL is coming for dinner tonight so I am making salmon, ribs, corn on the cob, baked potatoes and raw veggies.

Dad is having pork chop, potato, carrots and lots of gravy!

After much consideration, it has been decided that we will have Salisbury steaks, mashed taters and gravy and broccoli with cheese sauce. What'll be on your table?

I've never had Salisbury Steak. I've always seen it as a hamburger with gravy, but I'm sure there is more to it than that.

Could you explain what it is? Even a recipe maybe?

I made fresh rosemary garlic bread yesterday and allocated some of the dough to make pizza crusts, so that's what we'll have tonight. One of our favorite seasonal pizzas right now is Neapolitan style, with rough chopped tomatoes (not a sauce, per se), basil, and fresh homemade mozzarella. Simple and delicious!

That sounds so good Steve! I've been on a homemade pizza kick lately, and have discovered that sometimes, less is more. I did a (raw) shrimp, onion, mushroom, cheese the other night that was outstanding. No sauce, just olive oil and Italian herbs.
Dang, I think I have to get to the store........

I've never had Salisbury Steak. I've always seen it as a hamburger with gravy, but I'm sure there is more to it than that.

I take it you don't like hamburgers or gravy, or just not together?

IMO salisbury steak is nothing more than a meatloaf patty with gravy. Very close to a hamburger with gravy, but with meatloaf type ingredients added into the "hamburger steak". I tend to work my patties a bit more, giving them a denser texture. I'm sure there's a more scientific, or accurate, definition ;)
If you don't like hamburgers with gravy, you probably won't like salisbury steak.

Doctor Salisbury came up with this as part of his health regimen that required food to be shredded to aid in digestion. He was also big on chewing food a great number of times before swallowing. You can find the good Doctor out on the web. God bless Al Gore!

Doctor Salisbury came up with this as part of his health regimen that required food to be shredded to aid in digestion. He was also big on chewing food a great number of times before swallowing. You can find the good Doctor out on the web. God bless Al Gore!

Al Gore? Is he the one that said the steak should come frozen?

:LOL:

I'm going to pan fry some pork sirloins with onion gravy. A veggie and mashed potato will go along side.

I have a craving for pizza. I really didn't want to turn on the oven, since it's going to be very warm out (and all week). Mine isn't homemade by using a premade crust, but it will still be good with lots of vegies and maybe some turkey.

Mine involves onions, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, eggs, and any other flavors I'd like to add to the hamburger then made into patties and fried in a CI skillet. They are kind of like meatloaf patties with gravy. I usually like to sear the outsides, make the gravy then finish cooking them in the gravy.

Mine involves onions, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, eggs, and any other flavors I'd like to add to the hamburger then made into patties and fried in a CI skillet. They are kind of like meatloaf patties with gravy. I usually like to sear the outsides, make the gravy then finish cooking them in the gravy.

Perfect! You've got me craving SS right now! :chef:

That was too funny Aunt Bea :ROFLMAO:

Mixed veggies, sliced-up left-over pork chop, and leftover elbow pasta...yep, I'm using up the left-overs! ;)

we had make your own burrittos - well me and dh did. The kids had corn on the cob plus what they fancied out of what was laid out so the boy had wrap, grated cheese and salad. The baby had rice mixed with spicy pork and onions and some grated cheese. and threw relatively little food at her brother - success!

The boy later made pizza dough with me for tomorrow (ok measured out the ingrediants and put in breadmaker but still).

Tonight I will be having sliced local sausages made of various meats and spices then encased with lamb intestine. Sautéed in olive oil along with onion, garlic and strips of smoked pork cut from the back of a swine. A lovely can of sauced legumes will be added, along with some diced tomatoes and chilies, then everything will be simmered slowly until the sauce has reduced. This will all be served atop some toasted slices of enriched wheat flour... Perhaps even topped with a wonderful, thick tomato based sauce made right here in PA.

:huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom