Whatcha Lovin' for the Oven? Monday March 19/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turkey neck meat with an awesome gravy made with the stock it was cooked in, and quinoa on the side.

I ate the rest of the Baked Chicken Breast from the other night and a BIG Salad.

Cabbage-corned beef-tomato-barley soup. I tossed a brick of frozen plum tomatoes in with the broth from the corned beef I made on Saturday (strained the spices out), added barley and fresh cabbage and chopped up corned beef. Simmered it for about 45-60 minutes.

I gave up on trying to make dinner. I feel so icky I can only manage short spurts. I made my daughter drive us to the store (she only has a learner's license) and bought us a deli chicken and fries.

Used a pheasant to make a rich broth for Knife cut noodles (Kalguksu) and used the meat to make a spicy stir-fry.

img_1121322_0_d7e715bd73488cef8ff38ce4220ed26e.jpg

I've been thinking of doing this too! Going to use thighs and breasts and see how it goes.
DH was having some stomach problems and decided it wasn't a good day for wheat/gluten. So, I made the best gluten free fried chicken strips I have ever tasted! The chickpea flour had a nice texture and flavour and got crispy while the chicken was very tender. This is often hard to do gluten free! We did fries and raw veggies with it. I love my new Tfal fryer! (a Christmas gift from Dad!)

We will have the Yorkshire chicken soon!

Piroshky. Found an Armenian family-owned and run, hole-in-the-wall restaurant. One meat filled, and one potato filled. A side of bow-tie pasta salad with spinach and delicious dressing. (Don't know what it was, but will ask the next time.)

Piroshky:

Pirozhki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom