Whatcha lovin' from the oven? Sat. March 3, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I'm actually ahead of the game today! I'm making a pork loin roast and having scalloped cabbage and green beans tonight. What are you cooking?

Whatcha going to eat, Pete? Saturday March 3

We have been receiving a plethora of wonderful eats the last two days. We went out last night just so I could get out of the house and ate at Dad's favourite restaurant.

So, tonight we are going to have the most amazing looking and smelling chicken soup from a good friend.

We also have the rest of our pastas from last night, wontons from another friend, fresh muffins for our breakfast and 3 jars of different spaghetti sauce!

What are YOU going to eat? :)

Heading out to a friends tonight. He is making a vegetarian pasta and picking up some sausages, I am bringing some home made bread, a few of my sausages, St. Agur cheese, apple pie/ice cream, and some wine. Bring me home in a wheel barrow.....

I'm thawing some pork in gravy so can can continue to use up that bag of potatoes I bought, with the added benefit of lessening the overcrowding in my freezer.

Andy, you made me drool again. I love crabcakes!

Seared tuna steaks, fresh pineapple-orange-banana salad, and maybe something with potatoes, as I too have a big bag of 'em to use up.

It's colder than a well digger's rear end but I'm firing up the grill anyway!

I'm having chili dogs but instead of hot dogs I'm grilling up some Bahama Mamas.

Nitrate city, baby!

dw's going shopping, so the boy and i are fending for ourselves.

lunch was cod fillet sandwiches from wendy's. we split a fries and coke.

dinner will be shrimp cocktail to start, then i'm gonna make roasted herbed potatoes and garlic sauteed broccoli to go with the pastrami i smoked the other day.

i may make a roast veggie and cheese soup. i have broccoli, yellow and orange peppers, shallots, carrots, and asparagus all that need to be used up, so roasting then pureeing with stock and maybe some cheese might be a way to go.

Last edited:
We have been receiving a plethora of wonderful eats the last two days. We went out last night just so I could get out of the house and ate at Dad's favourite restaurant.

So, tonight we are going to have the most amazing looking and smelling chicken soup from a good friend.

We also have the rest of our pastas from last night, wontons from another friend, fresh muffins for our breakfast and 3 jars of different spaghetti sauce!

What are YOU going to eat? :)
That is what we did after my dad's funeral. We went to his favorite buffet restaurant and remembered old times. :flowers:

Our friends' son will be 10 tomorrow and they are having a party this evening, so we will be eating there. :cool:

P.S. Laurie, I'm glad you have good friends who are bringing food. :cool:

A layered casserole of potato, fennel, tomato and Italian sausage. Drizzled with garlic infused olive oil and a topping of parm that gets browned at the end of cooking.:yum:

Bought a head of purple cauliflower this morning. It's almost too pretty to eat, but I think I'll turn it into soup. And a softball-sized kohlrabi, to peel, slice, sprinkle with salt, and munch on. Plus sliced fresh strawberries at the end.

Rubbed a Boston Butt last night, (that does not sound right!) Any way-- Been cooking for about 4 hours so far. Made a Lexington mop sauce to mix in, and just finished the coleslaw. So it's gonna be pulled pork on Hogie buns and slaw.

Pot Roast and I don't know what yet............maybe just the usual potato, carrot onion and gravy. Or.........maybe I will make it into a beef Pot Pie.......hmmmm

Pot Roast and I don't know what yet............maybe just the usual potato, carrot onion and gravy. Or.........maybe I will make it into a beef Pot Pie.......hmmmm

I always turn leftover Pot Roast into Beef Stew.

Tonight:
Pork Chop
Spinach
Apple Sauce
Home Made Baked Beans (the rest of the Freezer Fair)

Went over to the parents for my birthday dinner. On the menu was japenese chicken, breaded cauliflower, quinoa salad with raisins, almonds and avacado, rice and caesar salad. For dessert was banana cream pie and cheesecake!!

I had cooked up a pot of navy beans earlier in the week. I added mushroom broth, two smoked hocks, carrots, celery, a small head of cabbage (frozen from last year's garden), a jar of tomatoes (home canned), 1 ground haberno (Sp) pepper, a dash of liquid smoke, pepper and let everything simmer on the woodstove all afternoon. With the homemade buttermilk biscuits, it was a soup/potage on a blustery winter day (high winds, cold here yesterday).

Back
Top Bottom