Whatcha' make, Jake? Dinner 26/10/2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
early one today 'cos i'm going out in an hour or two.couldn't make me mind up....meat?,fish?....fish?,meat?..soddit have both...28 day dry aged welsh(of course!)ribeye,seafood skewers,carlingford potato & baby avocado salad & piccolo cherry tomato/greek basil salad.californian zinfandel smoother than a baby's bum...hurrah!!steak was perfick for me...nice'n pink:yum:!!

Attachments

• RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 161
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 152
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 148
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 155
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 006.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 006.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 149
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 207
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 161
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 159
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 010.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 010.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 160
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 149
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 013.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 013.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 161
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 014.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 014.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 220
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 017.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 017.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Dang, Harry! Fab, as always!

My plan is to tackle PPO's shrimp burger. Got some spuds in the toaster oven for twice baked.

Very nice, Harry :chef: Wait a minute... that's what I had a couple nights ago! :LOL:
Lovely meal.

I think I'm going to grill some wings tonight for dinner.

Probably cold hamburgers at the stadium. Freeze warning out for tonight and we're headed to my nephew's band competition. By the time we get back to our seats from the concession stand the burgers will be cold.

Very nice, Harry :chef: Wait a minute... that's what I had a couple nights ago! :LOL:
Lovely meal.

I think I'm going to grill some wings tonight for dinner.
i know mate..that was my inspiration:chef:...not had surf n' turf for ages:yum:!!
wings on the grill sounds ace,take some pics & don't forget food photo's thread too.gotta dash,going into manchester for a night out.probably get stuck there too,apparently we are going to get a right royal beating off the elements tonight...gales,hailstone,rain,plagues of frogs,rivers running red...you name we are going to get it over the next 48hrs:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!

Started out sunny today then the sun took a hike. Temp's not much above 50F and overcast. Looks like a soup kind of day here. Glenn's off all day to help his son so I'm left to my own devices.

Just baked two loaves of French bread and have a nice, big pot of split pea with ham soup simmering. Smells darn good here.

No dessert here and couldn't get inspired but I see some apples on the counter that need attention. Think I'll make a couple of baked apples for dessert. Should be just about perfect as an end to the soup.

Yep, that's what I'm gonna do!

Nice job, 'arry! Love them photos.

I see a few peeps diggin' on the soup.

If the Pinot Grigio doesn't get the better of me, I will try and snap some photos of the Boston Baked Stuffed lobster tails I am going to do up ce soir.....

I better get out for a walk so I don't start on the wine too early...

That sounds like the weather I've been having, Harry. Maybe I inspired that, too :LOL:
Have fun tonight.

Nice job, 'arry! Love them photos.

I see a few peeps diggin' on the soup.

If the Pinot Grigio doesn't get the better of me, I will try and snap some photos of the Boston Baked Stuffed lobster tails I am going to do up ce soir.....

I better get out for a walk so I don't start on the wine too early...
bloody 'ell rock that sounds fab:yum:!!don't you dare get pissed before you've taken some pics mate:rolleyes:!!
right,that's me done,i'm jolly well orf into manchester...adios amigo's:cool:!!

That sounds like the weather I've been having, Harry. Maybe I inspired that, too :LOL:
Have fun tonight.
thanks mate,tele is on & i've just heard the chap on the beeb weather talking about impending storms/significant destruction.....that's bbc speak for "we're buggered":ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!
right,i'm orf....play nice!!

The thickest, bone in ribeye I can find, a monster spud and Texas toast.

I think the worst of it will be darn sarf Harry but keep your sou wester on just in case , we are made of stern stuff up north .

Shall hang my head in shame at having a cheese and ham toastie for tea, ran out of steam , need someone to cook for me !!! Promise to do better tomorrow got Delias parsnip roulade planned .......

I think the worst of it will be darn sarf Harry but keep your sou wester on just in case , we are made of stern stuff up north .

Shall hang my head in shame at having a cheese and ham toastie for tea, ran out of steam , need someone to cook for me !!! Promise to do better tomorrow got Delias parsnip roulade planned .......
Me too, out of steam. Ended up with a bowl of Aldi's tomato, basil and crème fraiche soup and wholemeal bread and butter and a cup of tea. Hard day at the stables and didn't get home until nearly 8pm. Now sitting up in bed with the radio on and the laptop on my - well, yes - lap.

It's hard to find good help these days!

I was busy making the pear tart and asked SO to take some chicken wings out of the freezer for dinner tonight. I just looked around for them and they are still in the freezer.

So dinner will not be chicken wings. It will be some okra and lamb stew I dug out of the freezer served over rice.

I put mine on the grill frozen all the time, Andy. Unless they are frozen in a block.

That said, the day's weather is finally catching up with me, having spent a good deal of it outside in the 40 mph winds and temps, and I'm debating whether or not I even want to cook tonight. I do have some rice left over from last night. And a small piece of steak from the night before, so maybe I'll heat things up and cover with shallot gravy... but there's that getting up and motivated thing that keeps getting in the way.

I put mine on the grill frozen all the time, Andy. Unless they are frozen in a block.

That said, the day's weather is finally catching up with me, having spent a good deal of it outside in the 40 mph winds and temps, and I'm debating whether or not I even want to cook tonight. I do have some rice left over from last night. And a small piece of steak from the night before, so maybe I'll heat things up and cover with shallot gravy... but there's that getting up and motivated thing that keeps getting in the way.

I learned to cook them frozen from you. These are from Costco and are frozen in a block so had to be defrosted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom