Whatchya eatin' on the 8th (of Feb)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having haddock, potatoes, and a salad. Too pooped from shopping to do anything that takes more effort than that. I'm still deciding if I want to make tartar sauce or just serve it with lemon.

We're having haddock, potatoes, and a salad. Too pooped from shopping to do anything that takes more effort than that. I'm still deciding if I want to make tartar sauce or just serve it with lemon.
Supper was simple and yummy. I was going to make croutons for the salad, being motivated by the crouton thread, but I forgot. And that was before the Margaritas
fiesta.gif
, or any other booze. I must be tired. One Margarita and one glass of wine, and I have reached the self-limiting stage where I don't think I could make more Margaritas. :LOL:

Supper was simple and yummy. I was going to make croutons for the salad, being motivated by the crouton thread, but I forgot. And that was before the Margaritas , or any other booze. I must be tired. One Margarita and one glass of wine, and I have reached the self-limiting stage where I don't think I could make more Margaritas. :LOL:

My favorite guy's back!

We had pierogies with tomato sauce and corn on the cob with a fruit dish of pears, bananas, and apples.

My favorite apples are the honey crisp! These are so very good!

With love,
~Cat

Ooo taxy, margaritas would have been yummy with the Taco Pot, but I didn't have enough limes for juice. So...I used a touch of tequila in the meat in lieu of water. No alcohol but lots of yum!

Thanks for the link to the taco seasoning mix...now, what is "Girl Scout Taco Pot"?
You're welcome PF. "Girl Scout Taco Pot" is something we would take for campouts since you can do the meat portion at home. It's basically a taco salad. Tonight's bowl is all gone, but this photo is from a previous time I made it. I have tiny (nickel-size) tortilla chips that I like to use. In this photo they must have gone in first and they're hiding under the lettuce. Tonight I had the bowl well filled with lettuce, put a ring of the chips around the inside perimeter, and then piled everything else (meat, tomatoes, black olives, cheddar cheese, salsa, scallions, and a dollop of sour cream) in the middle. Drizzle with taco sauce. Stuff into mouth. :yum:

Attachments

• 2013-12-18 21.19.22.jpg
    2013-12-18 21.19.22.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 167
Ooo taxy, margaritas would have been yummy with the Taco Pot, but I didn't have enough limes for juice. So...I used a touch of tequila in the meat in lieu of water. No alcohol but lots of yum!

You're welcome PF. "Girl Scout Taco Pot" is something we would take for campouts since you can do the meat portion at home. It's basically a taco salad. Tonight's bowl is all gone, but this photo is from a previous time I made it. I have tiny (nickel-size) tortilla chips that I like to use. In this photo they must have gone in first and they're hiding under the lettuce. Tonight I had the bowl well filled with lettuce, put a ring of the chips around the inside perimeter, and then piled everything else (meat, tomatoes, black olives, cheddar cheese, salsa, scallions, and a dollop of sour cream) in the middle. Drizzle with taco sauce. Stuff into mouth. :yum:

Oh that looks so very good! I think DA would like this!

With love,
~Cat

Lobster bisque, Escargots à la Bourguignonne, Chateaubriand for two with Bearnaise sauce, oven roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, wine and cappuccinos. No room for dessert.

Oh Andy, that sounds so vacation-y! And...shouldn't you be sleeping? Hope you don't miss your flight home to this cold and snowy weather. It would be a shame if you had to stay in Aruba any longer. :cool:

Oh, that looks tasty.

There's a reason I almost always have lemon and lime juice on hand. BTW, we like half lemon, half lime best in Margaritas. I get these at the health food store. They're from Italy. We have tried comparing to fresh juice, and if there is a difference, we don't notice it. It's not like the grocery store stuff, no nasty, bitter flavours.

Attachments

• 20140208_232322.jpg
    20140208_232322.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 184
Yesterday must have been the day to entertain, we had friends over last night also. It was an informal get together and I made finger food so we could all just sit, eat and visit. Appys were hot spinach and artichoke dip, hot sweet onion dip, with crackers for dipping. Then hamburger/cheese burger sliders, crab cake sliders with Old Bay mayo, sweet-n-sour chicken skewers, and peanut butter & chocolate chip brownies for dessert.

Oh, and three bottles of wine were also consumed. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom