"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #31
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Ooo taxy, margaritas would have been yummy with the Taco Pot, but I didn't have enough limes for juice. So...I used a touch of tequila in the meat in lieu of water. No alcohol but lots of yum!

You're welcome PF. "Girl Scout Taco Pot" is something we would take for campouts since you can do the meat portion at home. It's basically a taco salad. Tonight's bowl is all gone, but this photo is from a previous time I made it. I have tiny (nickel-size) tortilla chips that I like to use. In this photo they must have gone in first and they're hiding under the lettuce. Tonight I had the bowl well filled with lettuce, put a ring of the chips around the inside perimeter, and then piled everything else (meat, tomatoes, black olives, cheddar cheese, salsa, scallions, and a dollop of sour cream) in the middle. Drizzle with taco sauce. Stuff into mouth.
Oh that looks so very good! I think DA would like this!

With love,
~Cat

Old 02-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #32
Certified Pretend Chef

Lobster bisque, Escargots la Bourguignonne, Chateaubriand for two with Bearnaise sauce, oven roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, wine and cappuccinos. No room for dessert.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #33
Master Chef

Oh Andy, that sounds so vacation-y! And...shouldn't you be sleeping? Hope you don't miss your flight home to this cold and snowy weather. It would be a shame if you had to stay in Aruba any longer.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh that looks so very good! I think DA would like this!

With love,
~Cat
Thanks Cat. I used to make it with less lettuce and more meat and chips. Now that we're older I try to make it with more veggies and less fattening stuff. Still tastes good.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Ooo taxy, margaritas would have been yummy with the Taco Pot, but I didn't have enough limes for juice. So...I used a touch of tequila in the meat in lieu of water. No alcohol but lots of yum!
Oh, that looks tasty.

There's a reason I almost always have lemon and lime juice on hand. BTW, we like half lemon, half lime best in Margaritas. I get these at the health food store. They're from Italy. We have tried comparing to fresh juice, and if there is a difference, we don't notice it. It's not like the grocery store stuff, no nasty, bitter flavours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140208_232322.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	20723  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #36
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Yesterday must have been the day to entertain, we had friends over last night also. It was an informal get together and I made finger food so we could all just sit, eat and visit. Appys were hot spinach and artichoke dip, hot sweet onion dip, with crackers for dipping. Then hamburger/cheese burger sliders, crab cake sliders with Old Bay mayo, sweet-n-sour chicken skewers, and peanut butter & chocolate chip brownies for dessert.

Oh, and three bottles of wine were also consumed.