Whatchya eatin' on the 8th (of Feb)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only used about half the meatballs the other day for meatball subs. It will either be a repeat of that or maybe add more sauce and spaghetti noodles instead. Depends on if I can get out to the store today.

Entertaining tonight...... Prime Rib, blue cheese scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans ( not sure how I am preparing them yet) Spring greens salad, roasted garlic artisan bread. Flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

Entertaining tonight...... Prime Rib, blue cheese scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans ( not sure how I am preparing them yet) Spring greens salad, roasted garlic artisan bread. Flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

Me thinks my invitation got lost in the mail :whistling

Venison chili, stuffed, bacon wraped jalapeno's and baked dutch oven corn bread.
And just because I found fresh extra small oysters, I'm making a dozen and a half oyster shooters.

Scored a fantabulous deal on some portobello mushrooms the other day so we're having those tonight. I'll stuff them with Italian sausage, onions, bell peppers, garlic, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese. Not sure if we'll need anything other than a small salad to go with. Tea to drink and freshly-made cherry cobbler for dessert.

We are entertaining tonight also. Finally paying back a friend from a dinner we had at his place months ago. She doesn't eat mammals, so I am going to sear her a few scallops and serve them in a sauce with white wine, butter, garlic, lemon and parsley...I have been raving, to him, about these veal chops we sell at the deli so he wants to try one so I am going to serve them with a sauce made with Medera wine and demi glace. I have them marinating now in a bit of olive oil, garlic and rosemary. With that there will be a few sides which I am going to put out on the table so people can pick which ones and how much they want. Garlic mash, eggplant Parmesan, sauteed mushrooms and green salad.

Now, if I can stay out of the beer long enough to actually put this together.....lol..."But, it's there looking at me every time I open the refrigerator"!!

Last edited:
I was going to try a remake of my coconut chicken strips, this time without burning them, but Sprout's link to Tom Kha Gai soup has inspired me.

Now, if I can stay out of the beer long enough to actually put this together.....lol..."But, it's there looking at me every time I open the refrigerator"!!

I keep my beer in a separate refrigerator.
But I walk by that refrigerator every time I go to and from the kitchen :rolleyes:

I've got my dinner well under way.
Nothing to do now but wait five hours, cook some rice, squeeze a lime... and drink some beer ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 162
Looks yummy pacanis. I have left chicken pot pie for the folks at home and I'm off to work tonight. BAH! First day back after holidays and I am NOT in the zone.

I think someone mentioned its ginger beef night at work. Sounds OK to me.

Thanks, Alix. I can't wait until it starts smelling yummy. That's the best part of slow cooker cooking.

Duck breasts for us, roasted briefly in a honey, soya sauce and 5-spice marinade. Probably accompanied by steamed broccolini, roasted baby carrots, and tiny roasted Tuscany potatoes.

The short ribs are looking good already Pac.

I'm having Winter potato salad ( same as summer potato salad) except it has a dollop of horseradish mixed in to put a little Spring in my step; spiffed up bake beans and an oven baked chicken breast. And the last couple slices of cornbread. I think I like cornbread.

Last edited:
The short ribs are looking good already Pac.

I'm having Winter potato salad ( same as summer potato salad) except it has a dollop of horseradish mixed in to put a little Spring in my step; spiffed up bake beans and an oven baked chicken breast. And the last couple slices of cornbread. I think I like cornbread.

Thanks, Whiska. I should really make this when I'm not in the house smelling it cook.

Horseradish in potato salad... I like it! What a great pairing. I can almost taste it.

Back
Top Bottom