What's Cookin' for Dinner Sun. Nov. 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Claire said:
I want to get the last of the leftovers out of the fridge (there's more in the freezer), which in this case is I thawed more shrimp than I needed for shrimp cocktail as my appetizer (husband said to thaw enough to have five per dish, but they were larger than he thought). So I've decided on sate shrimp, basmati rice (yeah, I know it should be jasmine, but basmati is what is in the pantry), and the last of the cucumber salad (which I use as the base for the shrimp cocktail).

Claire, I have bits and pieces of pickled cucumber salad hanging out in my fridge and freezer. Would never have thought to use it for a shrimp cocktail base! Great idea!

Last edited:
Grey Cup means nibblies all afternoon long.

Wavy Lays - dip
Doritos
Plain chips
Boneless ribs
buffalo chicken bites
garlic hummus and multigrain crackers
teeny weenies
cheese, crackers, oysters and pickles
cheesy salsa dip and tortilla chips

I think that covers it. Various sodas, juices and drinks are available.

What are teenie weenies? That is a term I am unfamiliar with ;)
Seriously, are they Vienna sausages or lit'l smokies? What a nibbler plate. Some cauliflower or broccoli and ranch and I'd be over the edge.

well, since I was reminded of them in another thread, we're going to have Hot Browns and since it is Sunday, they will be on waffles. yea! turkey soup is making itself on the range right now, but that's for tomorrow night.

What are teenie weenies? That is a term I am unfamiliar with ;)
Seriously, are they Vienna sausages or lit'l smokies? What a nibbler plate. Some cauliflower or broccoli and ranch and I'd be over the edge.

Lil smokies. Sorry about that! They've been teeny weenies since my girls were little. Parmesan cheese is also known as stinky cheese. I guess I should put out something that resembles a veggie shouldn't I? OK, cauliflower and peapods will go out beside the dip.

I am glad to see Pac's picture from last night transform itself today. Much better looking than sticky looking meat-balls. I guess it's a good thing Cincy is famous for more than one thing. How is Goetta different than Scrapple?? Besides one is made with cornmeal and this has Oats. I like scrapple. I don't think I have heard of Goetta before.

LP and Alix, I hope it is an exciting Gray Cup game today. Are your rooting for the same or against each other's teams?

As for me, I was served Humble Pie again this week. Getting pretty used to it this season. Today's Flavor was served as a version of Leftover Turkey Dinner. Truly leftovers. As Good As The First Time. Yum !!

Last remake of turkey. Turkey spaghetti with salad and garlic bread.

Here was the chicken stew.

img_1076933_0_34e882b9ceca37e59def6dfb26f7cbdf.jpg

Didn't cook tonight. We were invited to the home of friends for dinner. We were served Tourtiere, steamed carrots, asparagus, brussels sprouts, baked beets, green salad and whole wheat rolls. Chocolate cake with fresh berries for dessert.

Since we were invited out for dinner Thanksgiving day, I cooked our own Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, asparagus, cranberry sauce, crescent rolls, and pumpkin pie with vanilla whipped cream.

I am glad to see Pac's picture from last night transform itself today. Much better looking than sticky looking meat-balls. I guess it's a good thing Cincy is famous for more than one thing. How is Goetta different than Scrapple?? Besides one is made with cornmeal and this has Oats. I like scrapple. I don't think I have heard of Goetta before...

I think that's about the only difference. One is with cornmeal and one is with oats, but I've never had scrapple. I would make it again. It was pretty good in spaghetti sauce, too.

Very nice, VB, but you know me. I'd have mine over mashed potatoes or biscuits. One of my favorite meals is chicken n biscuits. It looks perfect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom