What's cookin for the 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
made the pasta salad, bow tie pasta, small ones. chopped purple onion, cilantro, garlic, japlonia diced peppers. whole kernel corn, green olives. mixed up with a mexican Cesar dressing. also made a lemon cake. reg cake , baked then a sort filling from eagle brand milk, lemon juice, zest and egg yolks. spread on hot cake and bake ten more minutes. looks super. i love lemon desserts. may add more to salad in am but am done for now.

WOW, that invite sure put a spark to your fire. You have been busy.:chef:

The only thing planned...

I picked up some Ossian smoked pork chops.... They are fantastic. Not sure what I am having with them yet.

golden corral lord save me!! my tummy is killing me. i can't wait to eat my home cooking.

cob corn, & a bowl of kix with lite vanilla soymilk. the others will dine on bbq, corn, linguine salad, potato salad, macaroni salad. baked bns.

This is Texas. Ribs, fresh pinto beans, fresh fried okra, potato salad, iron skillet corn bread, and brownies. Happy 4th, 'yall.

Had the ribs on the 3rd... good thing since its raining today. That makes it hard to grill...

I cook dinner 365 days a year. I have no desire to fuss for the 4th. of July this year. I just threw some hotdogs on my cheapo Sanyo indoor-grill, opened a can of Bush's Baked beans and nuked em' and called it dinner. I just wish someone would cook for me once in a while.

Happy 4th. everyone!

I decided on Peaches-N-Cream Cake. I only found 1 recipe that suited me, but it reads like a pound cake, so I am going to separate the eggs, whip the whites separate and fold in with the peaches.

The cake is tasty. I will decrease the sugar next time and bake in a smaller quantities. That may be the trick to keeping the fruit from sinking to the bottom. Smaller cakes cook faster before gravity takes over and the fruit sinks to the bottom. This one filed my 12x9 spring-form pan.

Had a relaxing day...

Attachments

• IMG_8094.jpg
    IMG_8094.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_8088.jpg
    IMG_8088.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 195
I hope everyone had a great 4th! :)

My BF was sick half the day, but then went out for a motorcycle ride. That seemed to make him feel better.

I made him a breaded chicken breast with a little warm tomato sauce spooned on top. His sides were pasta salad and broccoli.

This was my dinner. BBQ'd chicken legs. I cooked them in the crockpot all afternoon in BBQ sauce, then finished them in a hot oven, basting occasionally with more sauce. They came out awesome! The meat just fell off the bone and the outside was crispy. My sides were pasta salad and a tomato salad. That had sliced Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, sliced mushrooms, chunked sweet onion, olive oil, lime juice and salt-n-pepper. I will post the recipe for it. Here are a couple pictures.
img_833774_0_2cc18d288c3ba3546154c478e1d81d43.jpg

img_833774_1_0949e1d5d78029f6365bbe5ae919a347.jpg

img_833774_2_1d4cf069e274eda6a92db383d498be09.jpg

Last edited:
Had a relaxing day...
I hope you don't mind..... Your dinner looked so fantastic, that I had to see more of it.
I brightened one picture. Here is the result!
img_833803_0_32797d32057dc228ac205e080d4ff595.jpg

I tried to brighten the other one of your dessert, but it wouldn't let me. It sure looks good though! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom