What's cookin good lookin? Fri.9/25/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Thought I'd get this started early.

I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it will likely involve the leftover tri tip roast from last night. I want to try making some jalapeno "Poppers" stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. We'll see how it goes.

I have to cook a chicken so SO can make her chicken pies for our dinner and to take to her brother. At least that's the plan. Things may change when she gets home.

I made a half recipe of cheesy sausage breakfast strata with added jalapeno goodness and it's refrigerating until time to bake late this afternoon. I bought a 3 pack of romaine at the store this a.m. so most likely a green salad to go with, along with a few veggie toppings and I think a caesar type dressing I can whip up. The store moved its Halloween candy to the front of the store right when you come in the door. I just pretended not to see (this time.)

I'm looking at this huge pan of take and bake chicken alfredo that we got yesterday from the United Way fundraiser. So most likely that. I'll probably freeze most of it.

I'm going to grill a couple of chicken thighs, brushed with TJ's Island Soyaki. :yum: Probably a salad on the side.

Kay, thanks for the reminder - I love jalapeno poppers! :yum: I usually give the bacon a little head start by par frying (or nuking) before wrapping the jalapenos. :)

It's been a long week on a new job assignment that is really tough. I really haven't cooked all week and tonight will be no exception. Last night we cooked some Stoeffer's Salisbury steaks and macaroni and cheese. Only ate half so will have the other half tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will feel like cooking again.

I'm going to grill a couple of chicken thighs, brushed with TJ's Island Soyaki. :yum: Probably a salad on the side.

Kay, thanks for the reminder - I love jalapeno poppers! :yum: I usually give the bacon a little head start by par frying (or nuking) before wrapping the jalapenos. :)

Thanks for the tip Cheryl. Hard to believe, I've never made them. I'll clean the insides well in hopes they won't be too hot for SC. I hope this is a mild bunch of peppers, but one never knows.:ohmy:

Thanks for the tip Cheryl. Hard to believe, I've never made them. I'll clean the insides well in hopes they won't be too hot for SC. I hope this is a mild bunch of peppers, but one never knows.:ohmy:
On poppers, we seed them. Stuff them, then wrap in bacon and cook till the bacon is done. Note the peppers are a bit softer than most people make them. Then we freeze the leftover poppers to heat up later.

Third world chicken, peanut butter noodles, and a garden salad.

I think the chicken was originally called Indonesian chicken (grilled boneless chicken breasts in a oil / soy sauce / lemon juice / red pepper flakes / garlic marinade). I can't remember what the noodles were called, but it's angel hair and Chinese cabbage in a soy / sesame oil / garlic & ginger / scallion / peanut butter sauce.

Not names that others would use, but we know what we are talking about!.

Our Greek inspired dinner.

37240-albums1008-picture6281.jpg

Didn't feel like cooking. I made some mayo and used in to make some chicken salad. So, chicken salad sandwiches for us tonight and, since it's the start of the weekend, Margaritas.
fiesta.gif

There will probably be homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert.

Third world chicken, peanut butter noodles, and a garden salad.

I think the chicken was originally called Indonesian chicken (grilled boneless chicken breasts in a oil / soy sauce / lemon juice / red pepper flakes / garlic marinade). I can't remember what the noodles were called, but it's angel hair and Chinese cabbage in a soy / sesame oil / garlic & ginger / scallion / peanut butter sauce.

Not names that others would use, but we know what we are talking about!.

This interests me, Tenspeed!

Today is my dear dear husband's birthday, so we celebrate with food

(and he still says he's not a foodie)

I have big plans ...

Mahalo, K-girl's DH! Happy birthday! (Don't know happy birthday in Hawaiian).

Feliz cumpleanos!

Last edited:
Steve really liked the Poppers, and thankfully I got the only one that was really hot, needing a milk chaser. This opens up a whole new world of ideas for other kinds of stuffed peppers based on cream cheese and bacon..thinking shrimp may be included..hmmm...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom