"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks guys. I'm glas I bumped into that blog and recipe.

So a pogo is a corndog?

Old 01-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The Legion is always, well, different.

I've never tried a Pogo. They looked nasty. I'm kinda pleased to hear someone agree. I think the Merkans would call it a corn dog, but I'm not sure.
Yes. Corn dawg. Pogo is a brand name that defined the product up here. Just like Kleenex..

The Legion in Cobden is quite unique. It is the only licensed establishment in the community so it serves as the local bar also. Things can get quite, shall we say, eclectic in there some nights ?....

Old 01-18-2014, 06:26 AM   #23
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I've never tried a Pogo. They looked nasty. I'm kinda pleased to hear someone agree. I think the Merkans would call it a corn dog, but I'm not sure.
They call them Pronto Pups in these parts.

They do look nasty, but I'm still obliged to have one every year at the fair. There's just something about eating one outside with carnival music playing in the background that seems to make sense.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:04 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Made a South West take on jambalaya. Used some of the spicy pablano sausage I made a couple weeks ago. Subbed pablano pepper for the green bell pepper in the trinity and used spices common in SW cooking. Also added some chicken thighs. Made some refried black beans and flour tortillas for sides. It came out pretty good.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
They call them Pronto Pups in these parts.

They do look nasty, but I'm still obliged to have one every year at the fair. There's just something about eating one outside with carnival music playing in the background that seems to make sense.
I have been known to eat one on occasion. I like them with mustard. Last night I had the fish....
Old 01-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #26
Cook

I had everything ready to bake up the haddock loins in the freezer in a parchment packet with left-over peperonata....and then at the last moment discovered the frozen cod loins were actually frozen scallops.

Ah well...we had the scallops cooked from frozen in the parchment with the peperonata, accompanied by potato wedges and fresh steamed spinach. And a jolly good meal it was too. OH asked if we can put it on the 'keeper' list. Just goes to show how accidents can sometimes be good incidents - I would never otherwise have thought of cooking scallops from frozen!

Tags
cook