What's cookin', good lookin'? June 10, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stopped at Wholefoods after work. We'll have bacon cheese burgers on brioche buns, Alexia brand sweet potato fries. Broccoli crunch salad. Peaches that actually smell like peaches! Woohoo!

I was going to order in because I am supposed to be resting my bruised ribs. But I decided I wanted mushroom soup and Caesar salad. I know that sounds like a strange pairing, but it was actually good. I made the canned soup with some heavy cream left over from my cake this weekend and added some sauted mushrooms.

I was going to order in because I am supposed to be resting my bruised ribs. But I decided I wanted mushroom soup and Caesar salad. I know that sounds like a strange pairing, but it was actually good. I made the canned soup with some heavy cream left over from my cake this weekend and added some sauted mushrooms.

I was thinking about the cake you were doing on the weekend....I trust you were able to complete it before your fall. I was worried about that. Hope you are feeling better soon. ?

Welcome, NoQuinoa. Hope to see more of you here. :)

Tonight's dinner was chicken salad on Milton's wheat crackers, and several helpings of cold watermelon. One of the local little farmstands has fresh watermelons now and they are to die for. :yum: One bite and it took me right back to when I was a kid - huge, sweet, juicy, and yes, lots of black seeds. 5 bucks each. :)

I was thinking about the cake you were doing on the weekend....I trust you were able to complete it before your fall. I was worried about that. Hope you are feeling better soon. ?

Yes, Bunny, I did complete my cake on Saturday. I actually fell that day as I was changing to go to the banquet. I tripped on our robot vacuum which was stuck under the bed. I was sore from that fall all day Sunday. The second fall was Monday morning about 6 am when I rolled out of bed.

I will try to get a picture of the cake up later today.

Sounds like there's a lot of meatloaf and burgers being eaten today!

I'm making Thai Larb- feel like something light but flavourful!

Welcome! I love your name - and I will take your quinoa ;):LOL:

I just looked up Thai Larb. It looks very good. What kind of meat do you use? I saw recipes for pork, beef and chicken.

Last edited:
Yes, Bunny, I did complete my cake on Saturday. I actually fell that day as I was changing to go to the banquet. I tripped on our robot vacuum which was stuck under the bed. I was sore from that fall all day Sunday. The second fall was Monday morning about 6 am when I rolled out of bed.

I will try to get a picture of the cake up later today.

Did you take that "roll out of bed" literally? Wake up and the sit up first. :angel:

Please tell me more...

For us it's baked breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes and stewed tomatoes.

Hi JoAnn L. My wife and I love pork loin strips. We cut the loin into approx. 1" steaks. Normally we pan-fry, grill, or crock-pot them.

However, I've never tried baking them. What is a good baking time if breaded so they don't come out tough and dry? (gas oven)

Thanks for your answers in advance and if you have a simple breaded recipe to offer, I'd appreciate that too. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom