What's cookin good lookin? Wed. 8/3/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aren't you up and at it so bright and early! I'd respond but don't even know what I'm having for breakfast yet!

Dinner's on Costco tonight.
Picked up a few of those heat and eat dinners. Dinner in a pouch. :ermm:

Never have tried them. So, it's going to be either Pork Carnitas or Chicken fajita's.
A.K.A...Adventure eating. :chef:

I guess we are having one of the packages of my multi-meat bolognese copycat DDD recipe from the freezer since Craig asked if I knew where they were. So, guess I'll be mixing up a batch of fresh pasta dough as soon as I'm done with work so it will have time to rest. Probably a salad for a side.

Sunny, low humidity, temps in the mid-70's. Perfect grilling weather. Actually, perfect for just about anything, except snow skiing!

Mustard coated salmon steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, garden salad.

Kayelle, looks like we're both going to drive traffic to the Food Network site! I'm also going with an Asian flavor, trying this Marinated Pork Tenderloin recipe. Going to chase Himself out to do the grilling while I finish off sides of rice with orange zest and parsley, and some frozen peas, nuked. Salad, too, so I can make more room in the fridge for my big shopping trip tomorrow.

We need an easy dinner tonight, since we've been making freezer meals for my FIL. So I'll send DH and FIL out to grill pork chops and local fresh corn and I'll make watermelon-feta salad dressed with lemon juice and fresh mint. Even got pre-cut watermelon and feta crumbles ;)

What's cookin good lookin? Wed.8/3/16

Hm. It's old person Wednesday, so DH gets a discount. I may have to have him pick up some pork chops.

Last edited:
I'm nuking some potatoes I dug this morning, to be mixed with some Spanish rice and some cheese sauce I made for DH's lunch box. Have no idea what it will taste like.

I picked 5 tomatoes from my lone tomato plant this morning. The neighbor gave me some cucumbers and I picked up some lettuce at the framers market. I found 2 small flat iron steaks in the freezer that needed to be cooked. They were pan grilled and sliced on top of the lettuce with diced eggs, tomatoes and cucumbers for salads. DH had his with ranch and I had blue cheese. I made some cucumbers and onions yesterday so DH had a big bowl of them with his salad and then we had some sliced peaches with whipped cream for dessert.

Oh man! What I wouldn't give for a GOOD fresh Peach, right off the tree!

003.jpg

I prepped and put this in the slow cooker at 930am

004.JPG

530pm, dinner is served.
40 Garlic Clove Chicken with Baby Red Potatoes and
lovely "gravy", Fresh Greens on the side
MMM

Dessert will be Orange Jello with little Mandarin Orange segments,
topped with whipped cream...

Great sounding dinners all, as usual! :yum:

I had grilled Surf 'N Cluck this afternoon. :ermm::LOL: Had some defrosted chicken thighs that needed to be cooked, and when I went to the grocery store yesterday they had such lovely shrimp that was calling to me. I kept a few shrimp out and froze the rest. Figured I may as well make the most of the coals and have some of the best of both worlds. :yum:

Chicken was rubbed with garlic, onion powder, s and p, a little Penzeys BBQ 3000, and brushed with a light coating of BBQ sauce during the last of the grilling. Shrimp was marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and Old Bay, for an hour or so. Salad with ranch to round it out. It was delish, and I'm still stuffed.

Attachments

• Surf 'N Cluck .jpg
    Surf 'N Cluck .jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: Surf N Cluck!

DH went to a little out of town dive with some of his buds that serves wings on Wednesday. He brought me home a bunch, and the butter packet had melted with the heat in the container. I dumped a bunch of Frank's Red Hot in, and voila! Instant Buffalo wings that I didn't have to cook! And hash browns!

Last edited:
K-Girl, looks like your red potatoes faded. :ermm: Dinner still looks good.

Surf & Cluck is cute, Cheryl! And :yum:!

s&p, delicious looking as always.

Himself did a wonderful job grilling the tenderloin. Pretty in Pink! We also had a pineapple fragrancing up the corner of my counter, so off half of it went to the grill. All "yum". :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-08-03 21.01.21.jpg
    2016-08-03 21.01.21.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 106
We need an easy dinner tonight, since we've been making freezer meals for my FIL. So I'll send DH and FIL out to grill pork chops and local fresh corn and I'll make watermelon-feta salad dressed with lemon juice and fresh mint. Even got pre-cut watermelon and feta crumbles ;)

You also brought homemade corn-tomato-pepper relish from home, so we had some of that with the pork chops. Good stuff :yum:

Attachments

• 1470308204115.jpg
    1470308204115.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 105

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom