What's cookin' Monday 6/26/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doughnuts anyone? As in andouille and sharp, white cheddar stuffed with home grown collards and homemade BBQ sauce.:yum: Karen made this meal using recipes from Emeril's books.

ZeraUx2J4gRC3pYw1lE5XA8d6IGT4MOFbmbP_mWSDqopX92IB

I'm taking something healthy (vegetables), and making them unhealthy (stuffing them and frying them). Basically, homemade bar-food (minus the booze).

CD

While cruising the aisles at Costco, we tried a sample of spinach and mozzarella ravioli. They were good so I bought a bag. We had some for dinner tonight with salads or corn on the cob.

K-girl, GG, Craig, your meals look delicious. :yum:

GG, I have saved that chicken recipe. It sounds great.

Thanks to RPCookin, we solved our grill problem. Stirling grilled some Italian sausage while I made potato salad with boiled potatoes I had saved for potato salad.

EvNLgP4-njoSJRwp9szEWyJWaBawragtijqhr7047o3GECf4dj8fRvS8vlmqQMvZ0lq9Ta8-5Jwqd5BTt4hPPdEWwMJYHOLnfr1qdVSFLowblY8yQRtE_iMrNnCicr1__Hew-HeJRcW_1WW_joOrlG9R2YBFEjNIJHNQWhngLAnQCExeCLSxkNRxzyoR-yM3OR2dWOhjc_uNqdCYEmDio4ceiRNg21xRlZK71mmEzNHwYTP9YSAel9sFT3rYe7lw4zOJVnSWv3nPrrtrZ8sYtUxtqlLSsTzTHhPCEAAgT6tv1P-8xqnlWyXfeTkRJv5lqdnmNiikBJGhVNe60eipiQU1bn4IHZY-oV1TRtG1IwOVHzlxp1sKEkR-jJ69cuUppKmz3dCo8vtWKXpvtXjCevoX5maieLzIeCVA6sw38Jj1O40Wn4T1NQdQI2GXLLUKtVEFyGiZsp3-rb-dhaPnz0oK_N_HXrj4SJQDufpiC5v2YLCzO99t5WOesT_2C1xfkt4fhhUPh3NtGI5wKwJ6ZSzUTvzrv9EioSRwgxspHKc7gWBv4X2tlFUv6GhQckVVzpOYljD374pYHejCsOfTg-zkZvhbVwKI-q16Cxl7aNL2IS2I0VQ6Yg=w467-h350-no

2IUSQwxZ1Y9PwJEh6ctA6zIPLUHVyB6w8AXxSgSKoh_oa4YaXBtAse4avo8wsbJvQvff5wSHhI7MzmrRff01t7ysfNyE8FVDkoJ9O1zKI6qMYnb3oHpNK53psSz415RCIDRUUq2WQuYRSByADdc1vyeqsEsmooUx7ZAxM_l8DkQcz3coAjf0IJGmpt6nyWWAMFxn5t9LUP0qOIFjhQWNiqlx9K5yCda1nfiatEek6hAGxsDz_yxz3mDGHHYsL8D6treZNknoJtS2MBP9zXHkUzANe6iG-Li6-YWd4tlxpZ97Ik6a5KN1ySRUiKqWo6cMTX8XCTX-epRUSX3w6IHSvT-jN14XdnCg8bUf9E-ynxgV7EdkE87YINqKSx-uwp29xnICj_Xij1vueouZohPu4tR7RREf5FsyUObcoFOmd4bBlXvI7WrvIXPc2h2Y2PttZB2zCTKyaQOcDq0smYXQNxd15DMWgDVMS5WZRlZy_E8whmxNy2_j8Gu36_bmCFxT4VVXfdMGR8qQiCcxIWRmkqAWdts_poGvWZfM3SbebEEOi-5W8tYbbcQ4CGpKqrf-s66E9odrx_eE96kyLdZhCGOH8kgMYN0py79t-s_2P0ppYcR3fQFWbQ=w467-h350-no

Kayelle, take-out was almost on my menu, or rather go-out. I opted to kinda-cook instead of puttin on make-up and "proper lady upper undergarments". ;) What did you end up having?

Nice shiny thighs, K-Girl.

Craig, I prefer my donuts with chocolate fill..and I don't mean mole sauce. ;)

GG, Kenji is good at coming to the rescue, isn't he? The recipe sounds good. Colorful veggies.

Taxy, IMO potato salad is one of the four main food groups. Sausages look yummy, too.

I had the leftover rice-and-beans to use from last week. I had moved chicken breasts from the freezer to the fridge yesterday and felt semi-obligated to cook them. I pounded them out and sprinkled them with Penzeys "Salsa and Pico" seasoning. It has too much cumin for me to really like, but it was a freebie, so I like it enough. :LOL: Himself grilled up the chicken, I heated the rice, etc, and some salsa, and grated the last of the Co-Jack cheese and some Monterrey Jack. When we ate, Himself asked if I could feel like not cooking more often. :LOL: I guess it was a Winner Dinner!

Attachments

• 20170626_210433.jpg
    20170626_210433.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 134
I went through my veggie drawer and found a bunch of stuff that needs to be cooked. So I have veggies marinating in Italian dressing, which I will grill and serve with pearl couscous. I'm also going to make Kenji's grilled chicken cutlets from Serious Eats.
View attachment 27138

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...cken-cutlet-rosemary-garlic-lemon-recipe.html
This turned out to be quite delicious :yum: I didn't have as much couscous as I thought, so I stirred the chopped grilled veggies into basmati rice with seasonings that I got at Trader Joe's sometime back. The chicken was also delicious. This recipe is highly recommended.

Edit: Darn it! I forgot to take a picture! You'll have to use your imagination ;)

If I close my eyes, GG, all I see is chicken on salsa. :huh: No, wait, that was MY supper.

You'll just need to reprise your dinner from tonight sooner rather than later. ;)

Back
Top Bottom