What's cookin', Monday, August 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had stuffed green peppers and corn on the cob. Going for a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream during the Bengals game!

Mmmm, I love stuffed peppers!

Kim brought home a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch, and tonight we'll eat what's left along with a nice salad.

With all the chicken talk earlier (other threads, eh?) I went out and bought a chicken breast (bone and skin intact), split it, rubbed it with my favourite seasoning and let it sit covered on a plate in the fridge 'til we were ready to grill.

Sooooo... dinner tonight was grilled chicken breasts and grill-roasted potato salad topped with toasted pine nuts (the taters were roasted and finished with lots of other good stuff...mmm.) We finished with a salad of watercress and grape tomatoes tossed with a sherry vinegar/olive oil vinaigrette, topped with a sprinkling of coarse salt, a few grinds of black pepper and about 1/4 cup crumbled feta and a couple of broken, baked corn tortillas.

Last edited:
Tonight I cooked up some baby red potatoes, bite-size pieces of chicken tenderloin, green beans, & peas & tossed them with a jar of Trader Joe's "Sweet Heat" Vietnamese stirfry sauce. Served over jasmine rice.

Gumbo!
With shrimp and andouille (sp?) sausage.
I cheated... used a box of Zatarain's and a
bag of "gumbo vegetables" from the frozen section.
Not bad, actually! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom