What's cookin' on Sunday, March 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, we just returned from our expedition to the store, none-the-worse-for-wear. I got the fixin's for Beef Stroganoff, but I did splurge a bit, and bought a round steak instead of the hamburger that PeppA usually uses. I still need to figure out a veg. Heck, I might just break out the garlic bread for this one!

sattie said:
Grilled flank steak ( with special marinade http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/how-to-cook-flank-steak-19101.html ) some spicy pinto beans and maybe a pilaf of some sort. Can't wait!!!!

I discovered some fresh asparagus in the frig.... may have to grill that up!

I changed it up a bit... flank steak with asparagus wrapped in bacon and grilled and I had some left over habenero cheddar cheese grits that I tossed in a frying pan to crisp up a bit.... simply delich!

AllenMI said:
Well, we just returned from our expedition to the store, none-the-worse-for-wear. I got the fixin's for Beef Stroganoff, but I did splurge a bit, and bought a round steak instead of the hamburger that PeppA usually uses. I still need to figure out a veg. Heck, I might just break out the garlic bread for this one!

Oh I know that it will be the bomb!!! Maybe a toss salad of some sort?

Last edited:
I have some scalloped ham and potatoes in the oven.
I've never made it before and didn't really have a recipe. I just threw everything together... sliced potatoes layered with onions, ham, Swiss and cheddar cheese and then made a white sauce (with a little mustard) and added that. I'm not sure how it will taste but it smells good.

I couldn't get to the italian market (had to trim the apple tree and my son's hair...in that order) so instead I made chicken pie. Tomorrow may be italian sausage day.

We had pork cube steaks with mushroom soup gravy, boiled potatoes, and green beans. Very simple, but good.

:) Barbara

here i am grilling pork tenderloins (allenmi's suggestion/recipe. i will post asap) under my apple tree last night. it was a comfortable 30F out:

no making fun of my skinny legs please. i haven't skated in almost 3 years.

and the grill:

and this is what i ended up with. way overcooked for my tastes, but dw and my son were eating it, so i didn't want to take a chance: (btw, that's my oxo-good grips mv55 pro chef's knife):

The food looks GOOOD!!!! but...ummmmm is that snow on the ground and are you wearing SHORTS? ARE you crazy???? lololol burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

thanks pdswife. it wasn't really cold out, no wind to speak of. and dw keeps the house so warm that i live in shorts all year 'round.

i'm gonna keep the camera in my kitchen so i can take more pics of what i cook. i wish every one would do that. i love seeing pics of everyone and their good food. it helps me remember who's who putting a face to a name, or a name with their specialty.

for instance, ronjohn bears a striking resemblance to a keg.

Back
Top Bottom