"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Master Chef

Question What's cookin' on Sunday, March 5th?

I have not even thought of dinner, yet. But I have plenty of other things to bake. I owe an apple pie each to two coworkers. Then I promised the guys that I would bake them chocolate chip cookies. The plan is to bake one apple pie and the cookies tomorrow. Since it is going to be snowing tomorrow it will be a good day to get some baking done, plus it will make the house smell so good.

What are you baking or cooking on this Sunday?

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
Senior Cook

I'm making edamame spread.
And cucumber raita to go with some dolmades we have. I'm hoping the combination'll work. We're having an oscar party, so its just appetizers. I'm not making most of them though.

This is the first weekend I haven't baked in a while. I'd love to bake some carrot muffins tomorrow, but I probably won't get up early enough to.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
?? Paul's taking me to breakfast.... that's about all I know about Sunday so far.

Apple pie and cookies sound GOOOOD
Old 03-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Normally I wouldnt know the answer to this question at this hour of the night, but I am planning on buritos for dinner tomorrow. ( I make a menu for the week for grocery shopping, which I do on sunday). I made an apple and cranberry pie yesterday, so I wont be baking today.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:48 AM   #5
Master Chef

It's my birthday, and hubby's is Monday, so we usually plan in advance a no-cooking weekend (we both love to cook, but enough is enough). Given the days involved (some of our favorite local restaurants don't DO Sundays and Mondays), we're going for brunch on Sunday and hoping for a sushi lunch on Monday in Dubuque.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #6
Sous Chef

Tonight is snow crab legs, baked yams and coleslaw.Sounds like a summer dinner but,that's what we're having here!!!(it's 24 degrees out)
Old 03-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
Executive Chef

I don't know what I'm doing for dinner tonight. I'm going to have to get all the kids ready for an expedition to the grocery store. I'm NOT looking forward to that, as they're jam-packed busy on weekends.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #8
Master Chef

Grilled flank steak ( with special marinade How to cook flank steak? ) some spicy pinto beans and maybe a pilaf of some sort. Can't wait!!!!

I discovered some fresh asparagus in the frig.... may have to grill that up!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
I don't know what I'm doing for dinner tonight. I'm going to have to get all the kids ready for an expedition to the grocery store. I'm NOT looking forward to that, as they're jam-packed busy on weekends.
I know what you mean...and Friday was the 3rd of the month, so everyone got their SS and other checks, and they have money to spend.
Bless your heart!

HB has a craving for sausage and noodles, and he picked up some nice pork sausage they other day, so I guess that's what we'll have tonight. I'll have to make a big batch, so I can share it with my daughter and her family. It's one of her favorites too.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
Hospitality Queen

I'm trying to convince my h to go to the italian market with me....I'm in the mood for bbqing up some good italian sausage, or perhaps slow cooking it with homemade marinara, peppers and onions.