What's cookin' on Sunday, March 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I have not even thought of dinner, yet. But I have plenty of other things to bake. I owe an apple pie each to two coworkers. Then I promised the guys that I would bake them chocolate chip cookies. The plan is to bake one apple pie and the cookies tomorrow. Since it is going to be snowing tomorrow it will be a good day to get some baking done, plus it will make the house smell so good.

What are you baking or cooking on this Sunday?

I'm making edamame spread.
And cucumber raita to go with some dolmades we have. I'm hoping the combination'll work. We're having an oscar party, so its just appetizers. I'm not making most of them though.

This is the first weekend I haven't baked in a while. I'd love to bake some carrot muffins tomorrow, but I probably won't get up early enough to.

?? Paul's taking me to breakfast.... that's about all I know about Sunday so far.

Apple pie and cookies sound GOOOOD

Normally I wouldnt know the answer to this question at this hour of the night, but I am planning on buritos for dinner tomorrow. ( I make a menu for the week for grocery shopping, which I do on sunday). I made an apple and cranberry pie yesterday, so I wont be baking today.

It's my birthday, and hubby's is Monday, so we usually plan in advance a no-cooking weekend (we both love to cook, but enough is enough). Given the days involved (some of our favorite local restaurants don't DO Sundays and Mondays), we're going for brunch on Sunday and hoping for a sushi lunch on Monday in Dubuque.

Tonight is snow crab legs, baked yams and coleslaw.Sounds like a summer dinner but,that's what we're having here!!!(it's 24 degrees out)

I don't know what I'm doing for dinner tonight. I'm going to have to get all the kids ready for an expedition to the grocery store. I'm NOT looking forward to that, as they're jam-packed busy on weekends.

AllenMI said:
I don't know what I'm doing for dinner tonight. I'm going to have to get all the kids ready for an expedition to the grocery store. I'm NOT looking forward to that, as they're jam-packed busy on weekends.

I know what you mean...and Friday was the 3rd of the month, so everyone got their SS and other checks, and they have money to spend.
Bless your heart!

HB has a craving for sausage and noodles, and he picked up some nice pork sausage they other day, so I guess that's what we'll have tonight. I'll have to make a big batch, so I can share it with my daughter and her family. It's one of her favorites too.

I'm trying to convince my h to go to the italian market with me....I'm in the mood for bbqing up some good italian sausage, or perhaps slow cooking it with homemade marinara, peppers and onions.

Oh Jkath, wish we had an italian market down here. We have nothing but fruit markets.:mad: We will be grilling today hopefully too.

2 sick kids, dh at work, I'll probably end up snacking all day. If anyone feels like making me dinner, come on over (and bring your husband too, I can put him to work cleaning house). lol.
I'd like to make some apple galettes and something tasty for dinner but odds are it won't happen for a few days. Happy cooking everyone!

Let's see, I've two chickens,going to lift the skins and put an herb,butter mix on the meat, then roast the chickens, will make some stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, eggplant mozzarella rolls, tossed salad and peach cobbler for dessert. Now tho, it's time for our Sunday breakfast date..:LOL:

kadesma

jkath said:
corazon...I think you need to go to kadesmas!
I always want to go to kadesma's! She always makes the best meals, my mouth waters each time I read about her dinners. I'd love to go for the company too and have her boys and Olivia meet my two. It would be a great night indeed.

I think all of us on dc probably want to go to kadesma's!:LOL:

I am roasting a small Amish chicken with fresh herbs and lemon, roast potatoes and carrots. Also making a small pot of stuffing and green beans. Leftover apple pie for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom