What's Cookin'? Saturday June 6, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're taking a picnic basket of goodies downtown for the fireworks for HarborFest. Rolled prosciutto and mozzarella with crackers; grape, pineapple and strawberry skewers; and celery, cucumber and carrot sticks with ranch dressing. And wine.

We're taking a picnic basket of goodies downtown for the fireworks for HarborFest. Rolled prosciutto and mozzarella with crackers; grape, pineapple and strawberry skewers; and celery, cucumber and carrot sticks with ranch dressing. And wine.

That sounds absoloutely lovely. Enjoy!

Oh dear, not a good "foodie" post to come back in with after a 3 month gap - but I didn't cook at all - just picked up a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Medium fries on the way back from feeding my friend's cat!

:blush:

Oh dear, not a good "foodie" post to come back in with after a 3 month gap - but I didn't cook at all - just picked up a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Medium fries on the way back from feeding my friend's cat!

:blush:
We're glad to see you back here anyways.

Wow, some really great and inspiring sounding dinners here this evening. :yum:

Z, you've had a busy day. Funny, I was just thinking about pimiento cheese the other day. Haven't had it for decades, but I remember loving it. Do you used jarred pimientos and the juice along with the cheeses, and bind it with mayo? I'd like to make some. :yum:

This evening's dinner here will be a baked potato topped with some homemade chili I found in the freezer, I'll top all that with a little grated cheddar and green onions.

Zhizara, I get worn out just reading about your cooking days!

beth, hope you guys had a wonderful vacation.

GG, you sure live in a really fun area. Wish we lived closer to fun...

Katy, who says McD's can't be gourmet? ;) Good to see you; come back around regular-like again, OK?

Our dinner was beef fajitas with the steak done on the grill. The recipe also called for chicken, but I opted to leave that out with it being for just the two of us. Also got two ear of corn and turned them into elotes. I did pre-cook the corn a bit in the microwave, then Himself finished charring them on the grill.

Attachments

• 2015-06-06 21.08.42.jpg
    2015-06-06 21.08.42.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 171
It was too hot to work in the garden so we ran to the City for groceries. Costco, Trader Joe's and the garden supply store on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Masochists we are.

Threw together some sloppy Joes and TJ's sweet potato fries.

Thank you, taxy! I checked out your recipe for the Danish meatloaf. :yum: My Mom used to cover her beef meatloaf with bacon just like you do. With the price of beef vs pork these days I think I'll try your version later on this year when the weather starts to turn autumnal.

Not been on for a while, work and home conspiring against me!

Aubergine with Saffron Cream Sauce, this was actually quite spicy hot.

Did some noodles with it. Using bok choy a lot as it has gone mad in my garden and is starting to bolt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom