"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
Master Chef

Question What's Cookin', Sunday, 07/09?

Tonight, I am having one of my favorite recipes: Skewered Shrimp with Lemon and Basil. I am thinking of having a rice dish with the shrimp and some sauteed zucchini. Or I might cook the zucchini on the grill with the shrimp.

This morning I cooked up a bunch of Italian sausage that I had in the freezer and needed to be cooked. Later in the week I will make it in to a spaghetti sauce.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday!!

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
I'm playing around.

I'm making a big batch of marinara with broccoli and carrots, maybe some zucchini. I'll pour half over spaghetti and the other half over acorn squash.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Master Chef

doener kebap from the take-away.. Frank's just off to fetch it..
then we will watch the last match of the worldcup with some nice chilled beer, this time at home ;o)
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
Master Chef

Cara, nothing like a good game on the TV, some takeout and beer. I hope that you and Frank have an enjoyable evening.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Master Chef

well,, SC, it could have been better..
but if Germany would have been in the final we would not be at home, we would have gone to Berlin to watch it there at the Fanarena around the Brandenburger Tor
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
Master Chef

I'm making my version of Chicken Pot Pie (basically the chicken stew topped by pre-made biscuits, then baked). What a stupid idea! Who knew summer would choose TODAY to start (it's been cool enough to need sweaters in the mornings 'til now!). Have a few guests showing up and a barbecue wouldn't be practical as some are flying in and who knows when they'll show. I needed something I could cook and just heat at the last minute. There will be a greens-from-the-garden salad and appetizers will be crudites and a tapenade I made earlier this week for a party and set some aside.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Head Chef

Something with chicken....not sure what yet!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #8
Master Chef

i'm choosing a dinner as i type. seafood cocktail, w/ a strawberry & alcohol blended slush.
spent my afternoon w/ Mom & shopped so i'm exhausted. may stop at a bar & get a drink or 2 before getting a shower. was previously mildly panicky as i had to squeeze into my new sz. 0's, till Mom confirmed that a pair of 11's recently given to me were kiddo's 11's, not junior's 11-ish, & they fit me well. rather loosely. i'm skeptical.
i digress.... i'm keeping dinner lt. due to this.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs
i'm choosing a dinner as i type. seafood cocktail, w/ a strawberry & alcohol blended slush.
spent my afternoon w/ Mom & shopped so i'm exhausted. may stop at a bar & get a drink or 2 before getting a shower. was previously mildly panicky as i had to squeeze into my new sz. 0's, till Mom confirmed that a pair of 11's recently given to me were kiddo's 11's, not adult 11's, & they fit me well. rather loosely. i'm skeptical.
i digress.... i'm keeping dinner lt. due to this.
A year ago I was wearing girls jeans too...the problem I had was the length. They were a little short. I firmly believe that girls jeans are cut looser than juniors. Don't panic!

Sorry to hijack...back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie
A year ago I was wearing girls jeans too...the problem I had was the length. They were a little short. I firmly believe that girls jeans are cut looser than juniors. Don't panic!

Sorry to hijack...back to our regularly scheduled program.
thanks, yeah, i figured they were jrs. instead of kiddos jeans; i'm 5' 5.5" or 5'7". so instead of crying, i'm going to a movie & went & got some history books. i adore reading. dinner can wait for later.