"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 01-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #31
Master Chef
Looks great CG! My soup turned out well too. Since the recipe called for so much paprika, the red cabbage wasn't an issue. I finished it off with some tempered heavy cream and the SC enjoyed it served over noodles.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:49 PM   #32
Master Chef
Mmmm....good lookin', down home, comforting chicken noodle soup, CG.

Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #33
Master Chef
Thanks ladies! Warmed us all to the core. Then I had ice cream.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:02 PM   #34
Executive Chef
Looks like cold many places. Los Angeles is expecting rain tomorrow, then drenching rain for 2 days, then tapering off. But weather forecasters are such pessimists, it will probably be rainy and cold for a few days...

I had one of my stupid chef recipes, not much more than a nuke recipe, half rack of ribs at 375, dose it with your favorite BBQ sauce at 15 and serve at 45 minutes.

Side dishes included one of mine that is pretty good (if not original), butter/margarine a corn cob, sprinkle with chili powder, wrap with plastic wrap, nuke. Can also be done in oven or over BBQ using aluminium foil. :)

I had a couple corn muffins with that. Package: Krusteaz. Hey, their "flavored with real honey" tastes too real honey to be real honey, y' know? But here's the twist: Follow the recipe but add either drained canned corn or sliced off the cob corn. You'll have to use your chefly judgement here how much corn to add. But my, my, the corn muffins taste so much better with corn kernels included!!!
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #35
Head Chef
Broiled steak, baked potato, green beans, salad, french dinner roll. I buy those thin cut steaks to save money. If you broil them 60 seconds too much, they go from medium rare to medium, so I have to watch them carefully when broiling thin cut steaks.
Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:49 AM   #36
Executive Chef
Well I had a bad kidney stone (7mm) six weeks ago and was out of commission for three weeks. Problem was we had purchased some fresh oysters the day before the stone put me in the hospital. I never got the chance to shuck them. An online search said you can freeze them, which we did. Pulled them out yesterday for a meal of roast oysters, blini with caviar and creme fraiche. So, dinner last night was Penne alla Vodka.

Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote