What's Cookin'? Sunday January 3, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chili cheese dogs. I bought a cabbage recent and can't remember Why. It wasn't on the grocery list, and I must have thought of something while shopping and immediately forgot what. Well, good thing I like cole slaw.
Baking a small serving of tater tots for chili drips. For later, a slice of chocolate cake I inherited yesterday.

This is my official last day of vacation and I got a lot out of it had a few really fun experiments. But my wife is sick and I have to watch the kids.
So I'm giving these oven ready lasagna noodles a shot and making a 1 pot lasagna, we'll see how it goes infact it should be done here in the next 2-3 minutes or so.

Cold and cloudy here today - feeling the need for a bowl of hot soup too, CG. I just finished chopping up veggies and ham for a pot of split pea soup. Roasted cinnamon sweet potato wedges on the side......

Boy, did this afternoon's dinner hit the spot. :yum: I had the other half of the last jalapeno cheddar corn muffin from NYD dinner with it. Saved it from breakfast this morning. :)

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 141
Update - the only thing we didn't have leftovers of is the brussel sprouts. SIL devoured them. Toss in EVOO, S & P (fairly heavy), roast at 400 F for 35 minutes, tossing occasionally. He left the steak, but not the sprouts.

We had pasta with meat sauce. It was a jar of organic roasted garlic and herbs sauce to which Stirling added fried, ground beef, onions, and garlic. It was quite good.

Made a Crock Pot pot roast with carrots, potatoes and a vidalia onion. used beef stock and a cup of red wine for the gravy and cooked for 6 hours, added a few mushrooms at the end. Came out great ( DH said it was the best he'd eaten ever :) which is saying something coming from a professional chef for a mother!)and hit the spot after all the holiday and little one's birthday sweets.

Looks great CG! My soup turned out well too. Since the recipe called for so much paprika, the red cabbage wasn't an issue. I finished it off with some tempered heavy cream and the SC enjoyed it served over noodles.

Looks like cold many places. Los Angeles is expecting rain tomorrow, then drenching rain for 2 days, then tapering off. But weather forecasters are such pessimists, it will probably be rainy and cold for a few days...

I had one of my stupid chef recipes, not much more than a nuke recipe, half rack of ribs at 375, dose it with your favorite BBQ sauce at 15 and serve at 45 minutes.

Side dishes included one of mine that is pretty good (if not original), butter/margarine a corn cob, sprinkle with chili powder, wrap with plastic wrap, nuke. Can also be done in oven or over BBQ using aluminium foil. :)

I had a couple corn muffins with that. Package: Krusteaz. Hey, their "flavored with real honey" tastes too real honey to be real honey, y' know? :) But here's the twist: Follow the recipe but add either drained canned corn or sliced off the cob corn. You'll have to use your chefly judgement here how much corn to add. But my, my, the corn muffins taste so much better with corn kernels included!!!

Broiled steak, baked potato, green beans, salad, french dinner roll. I buy those thin cut steaks to save money. If you broil them 60 seconds too much, they go from medium rare to medium, so I have to watch them carefully when broiling thin cut steaks.

Well I had a bad kidney stone (7mm) six weeks ago and was out of commission for three weeks. Problem was we had purchased some fresh oysters the day before the stone put me in the hospital. I never got the chance to shuck them. An online search said you can freeze them, which we did. Pulled them out yesterday for a meal of roast oysters, blini with caviar and creme fraiche. So, dinner last night was Penne alla Vodka.

Back
Top Bottom