What's Cookin' Sunday, July 28, 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, we figured the mediocre corn was not worth bothering with to make into soup, so it will be deer/turkey/squirrel/name your animal food. In other words, I will fling it into the woods.

I made a nice egg dish, prior to that DH decided he wanted pizza, so he picked one up.
:ROFLMAO:

Wow there are some seriously good eats being made tonight! We are having carne asada tacos, red rice and beans. I margarita or two might be made :).

This weeks challenge - making dinner on Friday for an old friend of my wife's and her family, and they are vegetarians.

Here are a couple of pics of the Philly cheesesteaks from tonight.

image-710695250.jpg

image-3592766195.jpg

Now.....don't you be surprised if I and Mr Bunny of course, show up at your door one of these days. I have filed that invite for future redeeming!...

Bunny, FWIW, if I have my way the For Sale sign goes up next spring. Keep that in mind if you want to visit lobst Massachusetts.

I'll have pics of Sunday's dinner later. Apparently Squirt was never introduced to my camera and I can't upload the pics to the notebook.

We're at my in-laws' house now and my MIL put on quite a spread yesterday. Roasted chicken legs, beef ribs braised in beer then glazed with BBQ sauce, German potato salad, cucumber/onion salad in sour cream dressing and Key lime bars for dessert. Good stuff.

Wow there are some seriously good eats being made tonight! We are having carne asada tacos, red rice and beans. I margarita or two might be made :).

This weeks challenge - making dinner on Friday for an old friend of my wife's and her family, and they are vegetarians.

I have friends coming on Friday for the weekend. They are going to be eating vegetarian because that is how I eat in the summer (the garden is producing a lot of chard, kale, beans, peas, new potatoes, zucchini). They will arrive late on Friday, so finger foods are going to be hummus, baba ghannouj, fresh veggies, some stuffed Swiss Chard leaves, pickled beans, zucchini slaw, homemade pita. All quick to make (pickled beans are already done) and keep well in the fridge. I'll probably add some pickled baby beets to the presentation as well. Breakfasts are taken care of, not sure what I'll make the rest of the weekend--have to find out when the wedding they are attending is (hopefully it includes food!).

Well last night we still had my sister, her husband and son in law with us so I did ribs. We rubbed those lovely baby backs and put them on the BBQ with some hickory chips. Holy cow they were amazing. We had baby new potatoes, a big green salad and so many leftover desserts from the party we were almost in sugar comas.

Later that evening I put out another buffalo chicken dip since everyone LOVED the first one. Thanks again Buckytom, its been a party staple since the first batch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom