What's Cookin' Sunday, July 28, 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I know! It's gonna be "Lobster Not-a-Roll"! :w00t2: Grabbed two of those bad boys for $3.99 a pound. Had the store cook em'. I'll spend this evening picking the meat out of the shell. Tomorrow I'll cut it up and mix with a bit of mayo and celery, then take four slices of sourdough bread sliced nice (not too thick, not too thin) that have been buttered on one side, load them up with the lobster mix, and grill two luscious sandwiches . :yum: So much more than just a "hot dog" bun.

Is it tomorrow yet?:LOL: Can't wait.

Oh, this sounds "to die for".......wahhh! I want lobster!!!

We went for Chinese food tonight. Only my second outing since my latest asthma attack landed me in the er Tuesday.

TB grilled chicken drumettes for lunch with some salad. He sure is happy with his new grill.
What kind of grill did he get? I'm thinking about getting a propane grill and would love to hear about your new grill, if it uses gas.

I'm having Thai style curried shrimp and jasmine rice. I'm just going to wing it on the recipe. I mean I'll use canned curry paste and add some fresh ingredients: Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, Thai basil. Also I'll add some fish sauce and shrimp paste. I like to use coconut cream instead of coconut milk because it makes a thicker sauce.

If I'm sufficiently hungry when I'm cooking dinner I'll have some tuna sashimi. I get it flash frozen in 12-13 ounce blocks. Now that I have all my cooking gear back I can whack off a portion while it's still frozen (using a cleaver and a mallet) and I can even vacuum seal the part I'm not thawing.

I hope the food police won't come after me for mixing Thai and Japanese, although I think sashimi is pretty common in most of Asia. I get my sushi grade fish at a Korean market.

Oh, this sounds "to die for".......wahhh! I want lobster!!!

I'd suggest that you come visit seeing as how our guest room is ready for any company and the lobsters should stay that price for a while, but I think the cost-effectiveness of airfare vs buying lobster up there makes the trip Option B. :(

I'd suggest that you come visit seeing as how our guest room is ready for any company...

Funny coincidence, mine is too! Already had one guest although the only furniture was the bed. I found a nice dresser and end table at Goodwill, it ain't fancy but my guest suite is about as good as Motel 6 at least. :) My GBR has it's own bathroom since the bathroom was connected to both the GBR and my office, and I'll just walk down the hall to the master bedroom and use my own bathroom. If I don't use the other bathroom the only cleaning it will need will be dusting when I don't have guests.

Last edited:
I'd suggest that you come visit seeing as how our guest room is ready for any company and the lobsters should stay that price for a while, but I think the cost-effectiveness of airfare vs buying lobster up there makes the trip Option B. :(

Now.....don't you be surprised if I and Mr Bunny of course, show up at your door one of these days. I have filed that invite for future redeeming!

Since you like seafood, let me extend the invitation for you and Himself to land on our door step anytime you like in search of Dungeness crab! During crab season would be best if you want it "fresh" tho! (Our guest room is always at the ready as well) ;)

Spent the afternoon cleaning the fridge and throwing out all the old condiments so time crept away from me. I've browned the hamburger up and have macaroni cooking for homemade hamburger helper cheeseburger macaroni. The cheeses are all cubed and ready for the sauce as soon as the noodles are ready. For this meal, I'm just melting the cheese in the hot noodles with a little milk and butter then add the meat and lemon pepper. We'll have salads with it to make it a little more healthy. :)

We ordered from Mr. Falafel: one falafel platter and one chicken platter.

2013+-+1

It was, as usual, wonderful.

We are having Philly Cheesesteaks....sort of non traditional. Will be using 9 grain Ciabatta buns from Costco. I am marinating the beef in white wine, balsamic vinegar and olive oil with garlic and a few other herbs/spices. I have some sweet Walla Walla onions that will be so good in these sandwiches. Green salad made with lettuce and spinach from the garden on the side.

I just finished the grilled chicken thighs (marinated in srirracha, soy, chili powder and a little SBR), potato halves, corn salsa and a salad with Catalina dressing.

Well, we figured the mediocre corn was not worth bothering with to make into soup, so it will be deer/turkey/squirrel/name your animal food. In other words, I will fling it into the woods.

I made a nice egg dish, prior to that DH decided he wanted pizza, so he picked one up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom