What's cookin' Thurs. 6/23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having a "clean out the fridge" buffet tonight.

I sorta did this too...after stopping by the grocery to pick up a few items to do it. (Egg whites, watercress, and light cream.)

I made a cheese/veggie frittata and some chilled watercress soup. For dessert, I had some Edys No Sugar Added Ice cream and fresh strawberries. Here is a picture of the frittata. It had potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus, shallots, peas, and a cheddar cheese. The recipe was based on one I learned at TCU (Top Chef University.)

Attachments

• Veggie Frittata.jpg
    Veggie Frittata.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
The beef wasn't done in time for the both of us to have it. Mark had a salad with vegies, mandarin oranges, chicken, chow mein noodles and italian dressing... water to drink

My dinner... pulled beef with mushrooms tossed in homemade bbq sauce on a toasted hoagie roll with melted mozz/American cheeses...........pickle on the side. I'll post a picture later.

The leftovers are going to be soup or stew for tomorrow night.

I sorta did this too...after stopping by the grocery to pick up a few items to do it. (Egg whites, watercress, and light cream.)

I made a cheese/veggie frittata and some chilled watercress soup. For dessert, I had some Edys No Sugar Added Ice cream and fresh strawberries. Here is a picture of the frittata. It had potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus, shallots, peas, and a cheddar cheese. The recipe was based on one I learned at TCU (Top Chef University.)
YUM! I would love to have a seat at your dinner table! I tend to like recipes/meals that vegies are the main event.... even though I love meat. I eat more vegies, fruit, rice and pasta.

James had his Hot Pockets, as planned. I forgot to eat and just munched on a little tropical trail mix (very little--other than the fruit, it tasted a little rancid). It is too late to eat, but I might have a Greek yogurt because I am hungry. :huh:

James had his Hot Pockets, as planned. I forgot to eat and just munched on a little tropical trail mix (very little--other than the fruit, it tasted a little rancid). It is too late to eat, but I might have a Greek yogurt because I am hungry. :huh:
I hope you don't get sick, if you think the trail mix was rancid. You sure can tell by the smell.

Here was my sandwich from last night's dinner... bbq beef sandwich with melted mozz and american cheeses.

img_1015952_0_b237b0d28a8aee485780efa598d1438f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom