What's cookin' today, Ray? Saturday, 25/02/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know it takes all day to make these things?

30377-albums859-picture4561.jpg

It has been a tough day so I am hoping DH will take me out for dinner. Can't decide on pizza, fish and chips or Chinese. He will probably want Chicken or sushi (we are foregoing the rotation diet today)!

We had French onion soup (Julia Child's recipe) and a salad (no tomatoes, since DH doesn't like them). It was good, but next time I won't put two slices of bread per person. I think I will cut back on the booze too.

Summer squash (yellow & zucchini) with onion, pimento and garlic cooked in butter with shrimp on top. I stuffed myself, leaving room only for the last two ice cream sandwiches.

Now those are some gormet fanks, Frank!! Nice job!

I threw together a stir fry with lightly breaded pork chunks, red bell pepper and spring onions in a sauce mixture I'll likely never be able to repeat, over Jasmine Rice.

I have some frozen cod pieces I'm gonna think about frying up for fish and chips. I just bought a bottle of Fat Tire New Belgium ale for the beer batter. Never heard of that beer before. Frozen fries and cole slaw as the sides. I'm about to burp the ale for the batter.

The price of cod these days. My god, once the most common fish in the Atlantic. Alfies Fish and Chips chain used to offer up bass instead of cod, if you wanted. Damn if it wasn't just as tasty as cod.

Cod is almost equal to lobster in price now.

Last edited:
Tonight is salmon with a lemon/ginger/soy/white wine sauce. Brown rice and steamed broccoli on the side.

Tonight is salmon with a lemon/ginger/soy/white wine sauce. Brown rice and steamed broccoli on the side.

mmm, maybe some sliced onions on top while cooking.
Salmon steaks don't freeze well for long. Jeepers did I find that to be true.

Chunky blue cheese dressing on a salad with salmon, yum.

If you've ever wondered what salad dressing to go with salmon, wonder no more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom