What's cookin' Tuesday, 10-4-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. As of 5:00 a.m. Wed, we are in the 70-80% chance zone of sustained 39+ MPH winds, 40-60% zone of sustained 58+ MPH winds, and 20-40% chance of 74+ MPH winds. All of those being based on the minimum wind speed of MPH for each category. Matthew has max sustained winds of 125 MPH as of the latest update. Still hoping for even the slightest eastward shift, and desperately praying there isn't a westward shift.

We got Wilma too. It actually did more damage to our then home than Katrina. We went through Andrew but were about 1-1/2 hours north of where it made landfall so just got high winds, rain and had a lot of vegetation damage, and have been through a few others but nothing coming as close as Matthew. If the center actually makes landfall in the U.S. before it gets weaker, we are going to see a huge amount of devestation because the area where the center could potentially make landfall is densely populated. It's going to be bad enough just skirting along the coast as is forecasted right now. I feel for the people of Jamaica, Haiti, part of Cuba that got hit and the Bahamas. They all took a pounding. I saw firsthand the devestation caused by Andrew in South Miami/Homestead and from Charley on Florida's west coast. The TV pictures just don't have the impact seeing it in real life does.

...It's a Butternut and so I searched for something different to make her for her late work night on Tuesday (tonight).
I made this
Baked Pasta with Butternut Squash
it looked and smelled amazing!

Kaneohe, that looks fabulisious !
not to mention I am going to check out the other recipes listed on the bottom for butternut squash. One of my favourites.

We had ham steak and scrambled eggs. Side of salad.

Kaneohe, that looks fabulisious !
not to mention I am going to check out the other recipes listed on the bottom for butternut squash. One of my favourites.

Mahalo, thanks dragn, I didn't get to taste this dish, nor did I get to take a photo of the finished product, but Mister Landlord SAID he took a picture for me. HEH! This dish may be worth of this month's challenge, eh?
I love Butternut, basically any squash really, but DH dislikes them, so ...
making this entire dish (even half as I did for Mr&Mrs Landlord) is WAY too much for just little ole me :stuart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom