"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
Master Chef
What's cookin' Tuesday, 10-4-2016

I have a pound of ground round that needs using. I'm going to try and turn it into these Jumbo Cheesy Italian Meatballs for dinner tonight. I don't have any bocconcini, but the Galbani cheese I do have is very soft and smooth. It should be fine. Famous last words...

What's on deck at your place?

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
Honey Badger
Been craving French Dip Sammiches with a side of onion rings.
That's my dinner. The guys want bbq pulled pork sammiches.
Clean out the fridge night. Would hate too see a good Tri-tip go to waste.

Were all taking it easy today. Lazy is a good recipe.

If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Glenn's daughter had us at her home Sunday evening for a shrimp boil meal. Omigosh, it was good. She sent us home with a huge bowl of leftovers.

Since today was grocery day and I had a doctor's appointment I really didn't have the time, or energy, to make a big meal. Thanks for leftovers from the shrimp boil.

I chopped the spicy onions, peeled the huge shrimp and chopped it up. Added some minced celery and yellow bell pepper, along with enough mayo to hold things together. Saved the cooked red potatoes to reheat to morph into "baked."

The market had some really nice red leaf lettuce, which will provide a nice base for the shrimp salad.

I think we'll be plenty full. Especially since we were also sent home with a container of their "custom" salsa. That'll get, um, scooped up with chips.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #4
Certified Cake Maniac
I made a modified beef stroganoff.

The modifications?
- gluten free fettuccine instead of egg noodles
- ground turkey
- thick coconut milk (can) instead of sour cream or yogurt
- gluten-free gravy mix

Everything else is normal LOL

It actually tastes a lot better than it sounds. We had cucumbers and tomatoes as our veg.
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #5
Head Chef
A big bowl of cooked kimchi. The raw kimchi is kind of tough still, so the cooking helps it be a little more tender. Served with a side of sour cream, all in all quite delicious.
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Have a half chicken sandwich from Hardee's, and a bunch of the hottest chili I think I've ever made. DH's former workwife gifted us with a bunch of jalapenos that would burn your nose hairs out, along with sending flames out your ears.

It's really pretty good. Needs lots of shredded cheese and saltines.
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Master Chef
Change of plans due to a Facebook post from a friend in TX:

I was using ground beef today as it was. No reason to not switch the menu. After all, not only is it Tuesday, it's an Official Taco Tuesday.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #8
Executive Chef
Mexican Cauliflower rice, with grilled chicken breast...
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
Sous Chef
Onions, garlic, celery, mushrooms, all sliced and browned up. Added a whole bunch of mini roma's, a squirt of anchovy paste. Did a whack of pasta, also did some ground beef. Mixed all up, added some grated cheese from the freezer... think it was but not sure, Gouda and Swiss.

Poured it all into a casserole, grated some parmesan on, baked for about 30 minutes. Dug in... very tasty, hit the spot, amazing I could taste it all thru my fever but did... does that make me a true ??
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
dragnlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #10
Head Chef
I made a pumpkin sformato, Pumpkin Sformato with Fonduta and Frisee Recipe : Mario Batali : Food Network , but ended up not making the salad and didn't take any pics. I made the bread for Craig's muffalata and, honestly, am quite stressed out by the hurricane headed our way. We're leaving Thursday a.m. as of now for Florida's west coast, but obviously will be taking the pets and electronics and as much "special stuff" as possible, but it's just kind of overwhelming. We haven't had to deal with a hurricane bearing down on us like this since Andrew in 1992 and I'm just ...... Tomorrow will be a busy day. Praying there will be a HUGE eastward shift.

medtran49 is online now   Reply With Quote