What's cookin? Wed. 12/5/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm doing some oven pork ribs the Jamaican Jerk way. Penzy's has a great spice blend for it. They've been cut up and marinating for a few hrs, and we're also putting together a zucchini squash casserole. Garlic toast will round out the meal.

I am the laziest person you will meet on DC today. I ordered a thin crust sausage pizza extra crispy delivered hot. For lunch. It will be dinner later too.

Even though I had a bowl earlier, I'll be having leftover navy bean/veggie/ham soup. I can eat it a few days in a row without getting tired of it, then it's another couple of months before I make it again. :)

I prematurely froze the turkey wild rice soup I made last week, and had a hankerin' for it, so I defrosted and am heating it up.

Eggplant parm I had in the freezer, and tossed salad. I'm lazy here today too. I bought an apple pie earlier @ $4.49 - $2.00 on sale for dessert or , fresh apples, pears, oranges or banana. Lots of fiber - a good thing!

Mini meat loaves, green bean casserole & biscuits.
informenter-marker-1.png

We both had a hankering for Indian, so we ordered out. There's a local Indian resto that makes superb food and delivers. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery.

First time using my new Cuisinart Griddler, and I made mustard coated salmon steaks, baked potatoes and nuked green beans on the side. As expected, it took longer than the gas Weber, so I'll have to learn cooking times and temperatures.

Mrs. T was unexpectedly enthusiastic about my most recent cooking stuff purchase, so it looks like she is looking forward to grilled food (especially seafood) through the winter. I'll still do some things outside, but it's a lot more comfortable inside.

First time using my new Cuisinart Griddler, and I made mustard coated salmon steaks...

Salmon steaks are usually pretty thick, but they're uniform in thickness so cooking with the lid closed will speed up the process. I cook burgers in half the time on the griddler that it takes on the gas grill.

We both had a hankering for Indian, so we ordered out. There's a local Indian resto that makes superb food and delivers. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery.
That really hit the spot. We had onion bhajis, pakoras, lamb samosas, beef Madras, chicken tika, and roti (whole wheat bread similar to chapati). Had German beer with it. I didn't have room for any of the lamb samosas, but they are going to make great snacks.

Yum. Sounds so good! We had an Indian restaurant here for a couple of months, but I guess there wasn't enough of a following and it closed. :(

Yum. Sounds so good! We had an Indian restaurant here for a couple of months, but I guess there wasn't enough of a following and it closed. :(
That's too bad. Yeah, it was really good. We're actually quite lucky in terms of Indian and Pakistani restos. There are a fair number of immigrants from the subcontinent of India and there are quite a few of that style of resto within 5 km. All of them are good, but some are especially good, like this one, Sahib. Our other favourite doesn't deliver.

Oh, delivery is an added plus! I'm in a rather isolated area here - it's at least a 90 mile drive one way to the nearest city with great restaurants, so I don't get there often. LOL :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm doing some oven pork ribs the Jamaican Jerk way. Penzy's has a great spice blend for it. They've been cut up and marinating for a few hrs, and we're also putting together a zucchini squash casserole. Garlic toast will round out the meal.

Yummm...the zucchini squash casserole was all crispy around the edges by the time the ribs were finished with a honey Jerk glaze. The leftover cheddar biscuits worked well too.:yum:

Attachments

• PC050022[1].jpg
    PC050022[1].jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Looks yummy, Kayelle.

We had individual Naan pizzas tonight. Himself's was basically a meat lover's version with lots of red onion and a little bit of black olives. Mine was full of veggies (spinach, tomato, mushrooms, olives) with a little rosemary ham. Best of all, we each enjoyed our version. :yum:

...I'll still do some things outside, but it's a lot more comfortable inside.
You're my crazy hero! Himself used to grill outside in cold weather, but we got majorly spoiled in our last home. In season, our grill was parked just outside the back door of our garage on a concrete pad. When the weather got wintry, we'd pull it into our 2 1/2 garage. If we wanted to grill anything, I'd back my van out, we'd leave the garage door up and the back door cracked open, and fire up the grill. Now, to get to our grill, we either have to walk around the side and back of the house, or pop up through the bulkhead, to get to the patio. We never bothered getting steps off the back of our sun room. We never could decide how we wanted to build that deck! :LOL:

Simple but tasty, tonight, using what I had on hand.

Diced red potatoes with German smoked sausage from Woody's Smokehouse. The taters where coated with OO, and everything was seasoned with salt, pepper plus fresh thyme and rosemary from the garden. Tossed on a foil lined restaurant pan, and roasted in the oven.

Easy cleanup, too. I put the taters in a zip-lock bag with the OO to coat, and used the foil on the pan. So, I could throw out those two things.

I snapped a quick iPhone photo.

CD

Attachments

• SausageTaters.jpg
    SausageTaters.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 135
First time using my new Cuisinart Griddler, and I made mustard coated salmon steaks, baked potatoes and nuked green beans on the side. As expected, it took longer than the gas Weber, so I'll have to learn cooking times and temperatures.

Mrs. T was unexpectedly enthusiastic about my most recent cooking stuff purchase, so it looks like she is looking forward to grilled food (especially seafood) through the winter. I'll still do some things outside, but it's a lot more comfortable inside.

As with all cooking stuff, there is a learning curve with the Griddler. You dove in head first with salmon. I started with a grilled cheese sandwich.

CD

Back
Top Bottom