What's cooking? 02/01/11 Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm going to make a "soft" meatloaf for dinner, easy to chew.

I've got the biscuit crust (1/2" thick) left from the quiche, so I'll use that as my filler.

Italian Salad Dressing Mix for my seasoning.

I took the last bean soup out of the freezer. I drew a star on the lid, which means it was exceptionally good, so I'll have that for lunch.

Breakfast is the squash soup from yesterday. Pretty good, I must say.:chef:

What are you cooking today?:chef:

Last edited:
got some cinnamon rolls rising right now. I am thinking a miso soup for breakfast and as for later tonight. I have finally been given an authentic peanut sauce recipe so I am thinking some sesame tofu with peanut sauce over top of white rice for dinner.

I'll be heating up a bowl of smoked cabbage soup here shortly.

I'll be cooking some kielbasa, too. In a Dutch oven with potatoes, carrots, onions, bacon, garlic and beer.

Meat and Gravy....
Rice......
Purple hull peas with tasso
Baked sweet tater....
Corn Bread.......
Sour Cream Cake and.....Chocolate Ice Cream.....

One of my favorites is cooking, but actually tonight is a night out with the Stocker's Club (club for those who are fixing up old cars and trucks). We will have the BBQ pork tomorrow, but since I am home today I am making it today. I am home because I work for a school district, and I have the day off because of bad weather. It is up to ten below now at 10:00 a.m.:shock: Here is what's cooking here;

Barbeque Pork on Buns

2 pound boneless pork loin
1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup cola carbonated beverage
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
8 sandwich buns
Combine all ingredients except buns in a 4-quart slow-cooker; cook, covered, on high for 5-6 hours, until very tender. Drain and slice or shred pork; serve on buns with additional barbecue sauce, if desidered.
Serves 8
Tip: Pork can be made 1-2 days ahead; refrigerate covered and reheat before serving.

Last edited:
I roasted a chicken last night. This morning I cut the meat off and have the carcass stocking. Will be making chicken-chipotle soup this afternoon.

I roasted a chicken last night. This morning I cut the meat off and have the carcass stocking. Will be making chicken-chipotle soup this afternoon.

I took a vacation day to avoid the icy roads. I slept until noon, plan to do laundry and watching Frank make his soup. It smells great!

I have no idea. Don't know if DH is working tonight or not, Dad isn't feeling all that well and I am on a very restricted no dairy, soft/bland food diet due to stomach problems.

Maybe poached eggs - toast for me, sausages for Dad and both for DH if his is here.

But this is subject to change!

pasta with shrimp peas sausage and possibly some extra escarole I have sitting around. Garlic butter white wine sauce. Oh and some parm too. ( Italians don't put parm with their seafood but I'm not Italian so...!)

Pizza from a dough recipe suggested by Bethzaring, topped with parmigiano, locatelli, oregano, crushed red pepper, sun dried tomatoes, basil, anchovies (on my side of the pie) and mozzarella.

Last edited:
Caribbean Curried Chicken on rice. My wife and daughter are in town shopping and are going to have something at a restaurant, so I get to cook something firey that they wouldn't care for. Gonna load it up with Habaneros. I may pay for this tomorrow.:LOL:

Last edited:
Some sort of soup - ingredients TBD and garlic bread possibly.

I made some Rigatoni and we had that with the left over Braciole and salad.

i have left over tuna casserole and left over wings. so it is a toss up. do you think i could freeze the tuna casserole? i would really like to freeze it as i am getting tired of it. the sweet potato fries may do a repeat performance if i have the wings. they were really good, even if came in a bag. cookies for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom