What's cooking 11/8/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you .40!! Do you do house work? LOL And only if you NEVER call me MOM!! LOL

Housework? Isn't that what the teenagers are for? :LOL:

....um I'm pretty sure I need to check on the smoker...probably needs more wood or something....

floured and seasoned some pork loin pieces this a.m. into the crock-pot. when done, pulled the meat with forks. had some on the tiny burger buns with the drippings on it. enough for tomorrow. cooked an artichoke but think i am to full to eat it. it will keep til morrow too. have a piece of artisan chocolate mousse cake from local bakery. need room and carbs for that.

I don't know what I am having yet, but I am contemplating a nice big chef's salad.

:)Barbara
I think that was the best salad I have ever had! Not the fanciest, but so tasty! Romaine, tomato, avocado, fresh mushroom, green onion, cheese, ham, and bleu cheese dressing.

:)Barbara

The tandoori chicken was such a success (this time i didn't incinerate it) that any leftover meat and its carcass be turned in broth as a base to make muligatawny soup. Perfect for tomorrow's stormy weather.

floured and seasoned some pork loin pieces this a.m. into the crock-pot. when done, pulled the meat with forks. had some on the tiny burger buns with the drippings on it. enough for tomorrow. cooked an artichoke but think i am to full to eat it. it will keep til morrow too. have a piece of artisan chocolate mousse cake from local bakery. need room and carbs for that.

ate the artichoke after all, it was yummy, nicest one i have had lately. a bit pricey though. but i love em so am willing to pay. same for lobster. one market had tails for 6.99 in their ad today. granddaughter going to pick me up a couple. can't wait with patience. ;)

Beef Stew - Cubed bottom round dredged in highly seasoned flour and then browned in peanut oil. After browning the following were added to pot with the beef - beef broth, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, burgundy wine, water, 1/3 box mushroom caps thick sliced & gravy master. Simmered for 1 hour then the following added to pot - 6 carrots, 2/3 box quartered mushroom caps, 4 stalks celery & 1 lb “teen tiny” potatoes (those potatoes are whole and no bigger than marbles) were added to pot. Simmered till veggies were tender then thickened with a mixture of butter & the seasoned dredging flour mashed together then stirred into the liquid and cooked till thickened.

Great looking stew!

Thank you!

For the Pico I chopped up some fresh tomatoes, purple onion, chile pepper and cilantro mixed it up added some salt. Let it blend on the counter while I made the burritos.

For the chimichangas I heated up some leftover chile beans, sautéed some trimmings from a tenderloin added them to the beans and melted in some gouda cheese. Put them into some tortillas that I softened in the microwave. Added a touch of oil to a non stick pan and browned them. The ones in front are a bit darker (a bit burnt) on the other side.

Great looking stew!
Thank You 2 fold PPT!! I copied and saved!!

Back
Top Bottom