What's cooking 11/8/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a bottom round roast that will likely be pot roast or stew.

Any plans?

I'll be munching on chicken & dumplings during the day. I used Jiffy biscuit mix which calls for 12 minutes covered cooking. Of course, the stew boiled up around and over the dumplings and deposited my spices all over them. Very yummy. I like to make the dumplings BIG so I can slice them open as biscuits and butter them before spooning the chicken mixture over, or not.

I don't know about tonight yet. Too early. It won't be leftover C&D though cause those biscuit/dumplings are already calling me so I figure I'll eat the rest of them and whatever is left later will go into the freezer for some other day.

Today is cooking day, I found some beef and pork on reduction prices. I'll be making slow-cooker beef stew and another slow-cooker of green chili. Those will be for later this week while I'm working.

Tonight, Salmon filets...that's as far as I've gotten, most likely Mushrooms gratin.

Chicken curry over steamed white rice with spring rolls. It's a semi-homemade meal since I'm buying the curry sauce and frozen spring rolls. I don't want a challenge tonight :)

I don't have a clue. We have volleyball til 530 and then a contact/glasses appointment at 600. I think dinner will be after 7pm or so. I think I'd better find something that doesn't need a lot of attention. Take out maybe?

I don't have a clue. We have volleyball til 530 and then a contact/glasses appointment at 600. I think dinner will be after 7pm or so. I think I'd better find something that doesn't need a lot of attention. Take out maybe?

After your very busy day, why not plan on treating yourself to a nice take out. You deserve at least one break today.

After your very busy day, why not plan on treating yourself to a nice take out. You deserve at least one break today.
Yes, after the morning you have had, you deserve a fuss-free dinner!

:)Barbara

Most likely a potato and leek soup, and some lamb shoulder that didn't go into last nights stew, with a side of green beans and roasted turnips.

Lunch as usual was college cafeteria food :neutral:

Steak and Bean Chimichanga with Pico de Gallo.

img_935260_0_6185b1126c5d133c6643e1cadd63a21b.jpg

Looks yummy, PPT.

I took a package of shredded BBQ beef out of the freezer and will add a little hoisin sauce as it was pretty dry. I've got some french bread in the freezer so I'll make garlic toast to put it on.

Steak and Bean Chimichanga with Pico de Gallo.

img_935277_0_6185b1126c5d133c6643e1cadd63a21b.jpg
LORD PPT!! That is beautiful!! I love the the fresh vibrant colors of the pico and the perfect brown of the wraps!! Recipes? Pretty please!!

LORD PPT!! That is beautiful!! I love the the fresh vibrant colors of the pico and the perfect brown of the wraps!! Recipes? Pretty please!!

Thank you!

For the Pico I chopped up some fresh tomatoes, purple onion, chile pepper and cilantro mixed it up added some salt. Let it blend on the counter while I made the burritos.

For the chimichangas I heated up some leftover chile beans, sautéed some trimmings from a tenderloin added them to the beans and melted in some gouda cheese. Put them into some tortillas that I softened in the microwave. Added a touch of oil to a non stick pan and browned them. The ones in front are a bit darker (a bit burnt) on the other side.

Looks yummy, PPT.

I took a package of shredded BBQ beef out of the freezer and will add a little hoisin sauce as it was pretty dry. I've got some french bread in the freezer so I'll make garlic toast to put it on.

Thank you!

Beef Stew - Cubed bottom round dredged in highly seasoned flour and then browned in peanut oil. After browning the following were added to pot with the beef - beef broth, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, burgundy wine, water, 1/3 box mushroom caps thick sliced & gravy master. Simmered for 1 hour then the following added to pot - 6 carrots, 2/3 box quartered mushroom caps, 4 stalks celery & 1 lb “teen tiny” potatoes (those potatoes are whole and no bigger than marbles) were added to pot. Simmered till veggies were tender then thickened with a mixture of butter & the seasoned dredging flour mashed together then stirred into the liquid and cooked till thickened.

img_935319_0_5b4447fd4aeb57dc8b83527f82533fd6.jpg

img_935319_1_18cf2542ee9231368b81f39f16c12b26.jpg

Beef Stew - Cubed bottom round dredged in highly seasoned flour and then browned in peanut oil. After browning the following were added to pot with the beef - beef broth, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, burgundy wine, water, 1/3 box mushroom caps thick sliced & gravy master. Simmered for 1 hour then the following added to pot - 6 carrots, 2/3 box quartered mushroom caps, 4 stalks celery & 1 lb “teen tiny” potatoes (those potatoes are whole and no bigger than marbles) were added to pot. Simmered till veggies were tender then thickened with a mixture of butter & the seasoned dredging flour mashed together then stirred into the liquid and cooked till thickened.

That looks wonderful! GREAT OOGLYMOOGLY! Are you looking to adopt a reasonably mild mannered Moderator by chance?

Smoked chicken Caesar salad for us tonight.

That looks wonderful! GREAT OOGLYMOOGLY! Are you looking to adopt a reasonably mild mannered Moderator by chance?

Smoked chicken Caesar salad for us tonight.

Thank you .40!! Do you do house work? LOL And only if you NEVER call me MOM!! LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom