What's cooking 12-25-11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't think we have a daily dinner thread going yet... and I'm pretty sure I saw two Eve threads...

Anyway, tonight's dinner I finally got around to reheating that prime rib I cooked earlier this week. I served it on garlic toast with the au jus poured on top and also made some Dutch new potatoes fried in duck fat with some garlic and herbs de provence. And scrambled eggs to round things out, because I really wanted to make this earlier this morning :rolleyes:

Attachments

• dinner 12-25-11.jpg
    dinner 12-25-11.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 184
We had the Salmon, steamed asparagus with Hollandaise and smashed potatoes with butter and chives. We are cutting into a lemon meringue pie right now.

My daughters, SIL and grandson had a Tenderloin roast, Béarnaise sauce, pilaf, asparagus, butternut squash, sauteed portabellos and red Zinfandel.

Desserts were apple pie, cake balls, pumpkin roll, vanilla ice cream and Christmas cookies.

I wish I had some pie...

Frankly, I didn't make this pie. We bought a 'mile high' apple pie as a fund raiser for Steven's pre-school. I baked it up this morning and it was pretty good. It wouldn't be mistaken for home made.

That lemon meringue would really hit the spot about now. Homemade or not.

We had fusilli pasta with pasta sauce with ground beef and Italian sausage. We had red wine, guest had white wine because red gives him headaches. We are now finishing our wine and having Danish butter cookies.

I probably could send a box with what was once a pie in it.

Correction...half a pie.

Last edited:
I made the corn showder. It turned out nice and thick and creamy. Son #1 came by today and took some home. He will be back to morrow to get some more. Some for his freezer and some for him to eat. I also made the apple pie for my daughter's house. Deducting about two pounds for the pie plate, it weighed about 14 pounds. I didn't have any. We had the rib roast for our holiday meal. I had a very small plate full. I have her serve me on a salad plate. I don't like to eat a lot at one sitting. Salad plates do just fine for me. And I don't eat desserts. :chef:

Cooked a pork loin stuffed with some garlic and rosemary. Served with roasted new potatoes, yorkshire puddings, and steamed cauliflower and sprouts. Topped off with gravy. It was delicious, got some leftovers, and I passed out after eating it, hence why I'm awake so early now!!!

we had a pretty good spread.

we started with shrimp cocktail, and port wine cheese balls rolled in nuts, and some aged cheddar, all with crackers.

my meatballs and sausage turned out well, and we also had a smoked, maple glazed, spiral cut ham that my mom made that was delicious.

eldest sis made garlic chicken marsala that was good but very garlic-y. her hubby, my bil made baked ziti, and my yougest sis made a salad with romaine, chick peas, and dried cranberries. she also brought italian pastries for dessert.

someone brought creamed corn that i think no one touched. :neutral:

you can tell that my entire family are bread people, because there wasn't a slice left to be found of all of the fresh bread dw and i picked up from our local bakeries on the way.

we brought 2 huge rye breads: one with whole caraway, one without.
we also brought an extra large, oat topped multigrain brown bread, and 2 giant french breads.
whatever wasn't eaten was jealously divided then stashed away in everyone's bags of gifts that they were taking home, lol. :yum:

We had prime rib, Blue cheese scalloped potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots, steamed green beans all started with stuffed mushroom appetizers and a green salad. We shared a bottle of 2003 Australian Merlot. There is pecan pie for dessert, but still too full!

image-1290283868.jpg

image-2157567147.jpg

image-3118709301.jpg

Second big meal at my parents. Ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, noodles, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, and sweet potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom