What's cooking? 12/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Anybody gonna cook today:LOL: I'm making a recipe from the bread forum, Cuban bread, so far things are looking good..Now what else shall we have?
I think some polenta with chicken hunter style, salad, and the bread..Sounds good to me :LOL: What are you thinking of having?

kadesma

Homemade split pea soup with some more of that ham. Slicing and toasting the rest of the neighbor's Christmas gift of homemade bread with cheese on top.

We were supposed to go to Outback and use some of our gift certificates, but dh has disappeared somewhere in the neighborhood - probably saw a tractor that beckoned him. If he isn't here soon, leftovers againnnnnnnnn.

??? Dang... I just got home from the store. I got stuff for tomorrows dinner but forgot all about tonights. Guess we'll either have leftovers again or a ham sandwich.

Some ham still left over from boxing day, with potatoes mashed with swede and lots and lots of different pickles.... It was YUMMY :chef:

I baked a chicken last night and did mashed potatoes and green beans. Problem was we were babysitting our DGD's age 1 and 2, and they were getting their bath when the timer went off to take chicken out of oven. Husband heard it but didn't do anything about it and it got over cooked. It's edible but I may just heat it with a rich chicken broth and see if I can bring it back to life a little, It's dry. duh:wacko: I have my mom's Myer lemons from her yard and wanted to do maybe some sort of lemon curd/lemon pie filling sauce for over the tops of the chicken pieces. I may still try that. Other than that, the potatoes and green beans may be on the menu again tonight as dinner wasn't eaten last night. Too much baby stuff going on. Too exhausted to muster fork to mouth so to speak:glare:

I am having "CELEBRATE!!! TGIF TOMORROW" night.. and that equals "You're nuts if you think I am cooking!!!" So we grabbed Subway, and I have the Bama's black-eyed pea dip simmering on the stove. I taste tested it, and it is might tasty!

shannon in KS said:
I am having "CELEBRATE!!! TGIF TOMORROW" night.. and that equals "You're nuts if you think I am cooking!!!" So we grabbed Subway, and I have the Bama's black-eyed pea dip simmering on the stove. I taste tested it, and it is might tasty!

That's what I had too:LOL: I got the Chipotle Cheese Steak on Italian Herb and Cheddar bread.

Last edited:
think i'll go get a container of chicken noodle soup and have that w/ saltines & a drink.
i ought to roast my own chicken to make soup here; it's wintery out, though; i shop less than i used to when you didn't have to bus it. this new city life is different than regular towns! i'm in a small city, too!

Last edited:
I went over to visit my parents and run some errands. They live in a larger town than mine. On the way home I stopped and picked up a broasted chicken breast and some JoJo potatoes. Once home I had some unsweetened applesauce with the chicken and JoJo's.

Piccolina said:
We had good ol' mashed tatters and chicken c[SIZE=-1]aesar[/SIZE] salad.

Just curious, Jessica, what was the initial reaction of Tony about "Caesar" salad? That is one of those things widely believed as Italian abroad, but in reality it is totally a foreign fantasy and no one in Italy knows about it!!:LOL:

Caesar salad was made up by an Italian chef, but not in Italy. He had moved to the states or New York or somewhere when he came up with the idea - I believe on the spur of the moment. I can't remember why it was named as such, but there is probably a story available on that. Wherever it was started, it is delicious!

Back
Top Bottom