What's cooking 3/30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ronjohn55 said:
Pasta Maybe? I have no idea!

John

Ended up making pasta with onions, garlic, a dash of red pepper, some Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, capers, dried tomoates, white wine and olive oil.

Topped with grated cheese, it was actually quite nice. Murder on the breath, though... :angel:

John

I was going to make my asparagus/orange pasta tomight, but I forgot to get basil. I think I'd be sad and disappointed if I made it without, so I'll make it in the next few days. There's some shredded pork tenderloin in the freezer, I think I'll make some red chile and have frito pies. I might make apple cake tonight too.

Nope, legsbig inspired a fast easy "noodles and cheese" Aidan lapped it up, actually slurped it up. He kept eating and eating, I think because he was having so much fun. He'd slurp it up and then say "NICE!"

...so much for the apple cake
...and the laundry
...dishes
...clean house in general

A quick light supper last night - just big bowls of eggdrop soup tweaked with some frozen green peas & several handfulls of frozen cooked shrimp.

(That's something I ALWAYS try to have on hand in the freezer - a bag of frozen peeled cooked shrimp. Tossed frozen into soups, pasta sauces, stirfries, or thawed & chopped into shrimp salad - you can always make a great quick meal with these on hand.)

Last edited:
Last night, I cooked a pork loin roast that I had rubbed with a mixture of dry mustard, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and paprika, and let the roast sit in the frig overnight. I cooked the roast with the LAST butternut squash from last year, and a few russets. The pork was heavenly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom