What's Cooking 6th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our last evening in Corfu, we shall be heading back to Puglia via Ferry later today ...

Dinner: Meze, which are the colorful, varied textured and assorted Appetisers one finds in Greece, and are so popular through out the Mediterraneran, and in Spain called TAPAS which means Lid or Cover, from verb TAPEAR and MEZE in Greek or MEZEDES in Turkey and other Mid eastern countries, or ANTIPASTI = Appetisers in Italian ...

Feta & Black Kalamatas
Dolmades
Taramasolata
Tzitzkiki
Flame seared Shellfish
Baklava and Greek Espresso

Lovely, overlooking the Port and Venetian Castle.

Have a wonderful summer Kylie.

Kind regards,
Margi.

Margi, it all sounds wonderful :)

H, I know...bit early for your din dins :LOL:
sure is k,but you have got me thinking.....after the carnivorous sunday i need to compensate today.it's part of my diet regime...if i have a heavy day i have a light day next.trouble is the rain is back & there's been horrendous flooding in parts of the uk.....again,so i need comfort food too.thinking fish pie....watch this space!!

Yummo..I have never made a fish pie, it sounds mighty fine...I will watch this space with great interest ;)

Many people prefer to make things from scratch, but it's often impractical for those of us cooking for one, or even two, so I made this for breakfast with enough left for lunch:

Quick & Easy Gazpacho - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Dinner will be an easy one too:

Pork stir fry using meat from the shoulder roast I cooked the other day and a can of La Choy chinese vegetables. If you try these veggies, don't forget to pour off the liquid and rinse before using.

I'm still playing with ideas for a sauce for the stir fry, but then I've got all day to figure it out. It's got to be low salt, so I'm thinking spicy.

I'd love to hear any ideas.

Kylie,

We have had for Lunch at 14.00 hours ( 2pm ) in Corfu ...

We took the Ferry over to Puglia later this afternoon ...

Since, we are both on Vacation, we have decided to have some calamari and Shrimp or a fab Pizza out with Prosecco and then, tomorrow early in the morning, we shall do our Weekly Shopping.

Thanks, for the compliments.
Have a lovely Monday.
Margi.

Yummo..I have never made a fish pie, it sounds mighty fine...I will watch this space with great interest ;)
just for you k,"'arry's" step by step guide to mixed fish/seafood pie topped with "crumble" mashed spuds & peas with smoked bacon.cold beer
scottish salmon,scottish smoked haddock loin,cornish monkfish,prawns/mussels from costco:LOL:!!double cream,fish stock,baby leeks & gruyere cheese.i'll take the fish etc out of the leftover pie,chop it up,mix it with the mash,make into burgers & freeze them for another day:yum:

Attachments

• FISH PIE 001.JPG
    FISH PIE 001.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 151
  • FISH PIE 002.JPG
    FISH PIE 002.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 144
  • FISH PIE 003.JPG
    FISH PIE 003.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 153
  • FISH PIE 004.JPG
    FISH PIE 004.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 148
  • FISH PIE 005.JPG
    FISH PIE 005.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 147
  • FISH PIE 006.JPG
    FISH PIE 006.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 186
  • FISH PIE 007.JPG
    FISH PIE 007.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 147
  • FISH PIE 008.JPG
    FISH PIE 008.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 179
  • FISH PIE 009.JPG
    FISH PIE 009.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 188
  • FISH PIE 010.JPG
    FISH PIE 010.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 159
  • FISH PIE 011.JPG
    FISH PIE 011.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 185
Just took out a couple of steaks for dinner. Ken and I are on our own again. I'm sort of enjoying the cooking for 2 stuff lately. I'll make a nice salad and think about our carb later.

Tonight's dinner will be the crab cakes we didn't eat last night. I made us bruschetta with fresh mozzarella and that filled us up so we had no desire for the crab.

So tonight will be crab cakes with a sauce that tastes suspiciously like thousand island dressing and a tossed salad with a baguette.

Last nights supper was leftover from Fri night, baby back ribs, and salad.
Tonight will be a new recipe, tomato and corn pie (more like a frittata on a crust, and leftover fried chicken and maybe a salad.

Let's see. We have leftover pizza, 4 ears of corn, fresh cukes and Ranch dressing, and Mexi-style bean dip. So, browsing/grazing tonight.

Last edited:
just for you k,"'arry's" step by step guide to mixed fish/seafood pie topped with "crumble" mashed spuds & peas with smoked bacon.cold beer
scottish salmon,scottish smoked haddock loin,cornish monkfish,prawns/mussels from costco:LOL:!!double cream,fish stock,baby leeks & gruyere cheese.i'll take the fish etc out of the leftover pie,chop it up,mix it with the mash,make into burgers & freeze them for another day:yum:

Wow H...that looks superb!

Bet it tasted fabulous, well done :chef:

you've wow'd us once again, harry! beautiful fisherman's pie!

i'm in the middle of fixing the lawn mower (the damn pull start cord broke), and then i need to get some chemicals down, and then i have a late doctor's appt., so my dinner will be very late tonight. probably sushi since there's a good sushi joint across the street from my doc.

pics later.

Made up an unorthodox batch of tzatziki sauce with full fat yogurt, no lemon juice, cucumbers, dill weed, dried oregano, basil - walnut pesto, and a good dose or garlic. Looking forward to having it with some big Tostitos tomorrow.
For tonight-
Four ounces(dry) of Barilla thin spaghetti with a venison and pork meatball tomato sauce, topped with EVOO, grated Parmigiano and Locatelli Pecorino Romano; and a leafy green & cucumber salad with sliced hard boiled duck eggs and a roquefort dressing. All washed down with Duboeuf Cuvee Rouge

Succeeded in channeling Pac today--wings, 4-bean salad, and corn-on-the-cob with garlic-cilantro-lime butter.

Attachments

• CWS_wings.jpg
    CWS_wings.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 182
Back
Top Bottom