"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 07-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #11
Master Chef
I have family and friends coming over this evening so I'll be doing 2 racks of baby back ribs, 2 racks of beef back ribs, 1 tri-tip, chicken wings, corn, baked potatoes, and 2 loaves of banana bread. They'll all be thrown in the outdoor wood oven.

roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Master Chef
Site Administrator
The current plan is pancakes and sausage (links).

"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
broccoli and pork stir fry . i have cooked pork country ribs, would add at last minute to just heat up and be covered with the sauce. of course cooked rice in the stir fry. strawberries for dessert.
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef
We had deferred a ham steak dinner earlier in the week. So tonight we are having ham steak, cole slaw and corn on the cob.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #15
Honey Badger
Something easy. Really tired today.
Been wanting Spanish tortillas for a while. It's simple and a one skillet dinner. Can't beat that.

If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
Executive Chef
I got a very nice surprise. Our grandaughter came by for a visit and brought flowers and dinner. We had a very nice time and will enjoy the dinner too. She brought pulled pork and macaroni and cheese.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
Head Chef
I feel like experimenting today. I think I will make a pot of soup with: Chirizo, Veg.Broth, Mexican Oregano, Onions, Bell Peppers, Hominy, Tomatoes, Garlic, Green Chilies, Cumin, Ancho Chili Powder and maybe a can of Pinto Beans. I like my soup thick, more like a meal rather then "food swimming around in flavored water". Jalapeno Corn Bread.
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
Getting ready for Ma's Sunday tomorrow. Big pot of beans, quick chili Verde, tortillas, sliced tomatoes, fried peppers, chips and salsa, So tonight we irrigate and dinner is get it yourself DH is having a baby pizza, me just sausage and toast. Now I gotta go make a rustic apple tart. for tomorrow
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #19
Master Chef
Linguine topped with meat and mushroom sauce (ground beef browned with olive oil, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped fresh mushroom caps, dried porcini mushroom powder, fresh basil, fresh oregano, sea salt, ground peppercorn blend, thyme, rosemary, ground red pepper flakes, tomato puree, tomato paste, pinch sugar, pinch each beef and chicken bouillon powder and burgundy wine) and fresh grated parmesan and romano cheeses. Tomato and mozzarella salad (chopped tomato, cubed mozzarella, fresh onion, fresh garlic clove mashed with salt to paste, ground pepper, fresh basil, fresh oregano, olive oil and red wine vinegar) on the side.

Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote

dinner, dinner ideas, menu ideas, supper, supper ideas