"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #51
Executive Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,793
Rightio! Thanks. I will fiddle with mine later. Then I will see to the camera after that.
__________________

__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #52
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
funny, that's the same thing you call bolas.

minus the decent lens part...
knew you'd spot that you b*gger that's why i went back in & edited it to say(like it's owner) trouble is me old arthritic fingers couldn't work as fast as me brain.....damn!
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #53
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Rightio! Thanks. I will fiddle with mine later. Then I will see to the camera after that.
ha!nice one rock,bet you spotted tom on the thread & thought you'd get that one in first eh?
we're scared but one step ahead of ya tom
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #54
Senior Cook
 
kezlehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 340
Love the IMAX Harry. Not been to the one in Manchester, but have been to the one in Bradford and was very impressed. I really wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises there, but ended up just seeing it in a bog standard cinema (was still impressed with the film though).
And your chicken looks lovely. I am sat here now pretty much drooling over the keyboard. Too much information right? ;)

Last night I was lazy and just shoved some fish in the oven and had it over a salad consisting of just leaves and cucumber, and sprayed with some caesar salad dressing spray. It was just too hot and I've had a bit of a hectic week so I was shattered and wanted to do nothing more than snuggle on the sofa with a good film.
__________________
kezlehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #55
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
Love the IMAX Harry. Not been to the one in Manchester, but have been to the one in Bradford and was very impressed. I really wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises there, but ended up just seeing it in a bog standard cinema (was still impressed with the film though).
And your chicken looks lovely. I am sat here now pretty much drooling over the keyboard. Too much information right? ;)

Last night I was lazy and just shoved some fish in the oven and had it over a salad consisting of just leaves and cucumber, and sprayed with some caesar salad dressing spray. It was just too hot and I've had a bit of a hectic week so I was shattered and wanted to do nothing more than snuggle on the sofa with a good film.
imax rules kez.it truly is the dogs danglies 'innit? & worth an extra couple of quid for the tickets.not seen the new batman yet,will go & see it with my son next week i think.is it better than dark knight....can't be surely,no heath ledger....huge talent sadly missed!
cuddles on the settee is the best....as long as "the other 'alf" gets the ciders in from the fridge eh?
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #56
Senior Cook
 
kezlehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean
imax rules kez.it truly is the dogs danglies 'innit? & worth an extra couple of quid for the tickets.not seen the new batman yet,will go & see it with my son next week i think.is it better than dark knight....can't be surely,no heath ledger....huge talent sadly missed!
cuddles on the settee is the best....as long as "the other 'alf" gets the ciders in from the fridge eh?
It sure is, IMAX is one of the best inventions in the film world. The one near us mostly just shows documentary type stuff, the odd film here and there.
As for it being better than The Dark Knight, hmmm... So difficult to answer! Yes and no. Yes in that I thought it kicked huge butt, didn't drag like I thought it was, and had me on the edge of my seat more than TDK. No because Heath just made that movie and his performance was outstanding. However, Bale is in it and he's pretty fit so I'm not complaining... ;)
Cuddles on the settee are the best, but I'm afraid mine is just with a cosy hot water bottle haha and I have to get the cider myself...
__________________
kezlehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #57
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
It sure is, IMAX is one of the best inventions in the film world. The one near us mostly just shows documentary type stuff, the odd film here and there.
As for it being better than The Dark Knight, hmmm... So difficult to answer! Yes and no. Yes in that I thought it kicked huge butt, didn't drag like I thought it was, and had me on the edge of my seat more than TDK. No because Heath just made that movie and his performance was outstanding. However, Bale is in it and he's pretty fit so I'm not complaining... ;)
Cuddles on the settee are the best, but I'm afraid mine is just with a cosy hot water bottle haha and I have to get the cider myself...
yeah well i suppose hot water bottles don't roll over & fart!!
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #58
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
And you just gave us your recipe! Thank you!
LOL It is a simple recipe. Be sure to make dressing first then toss steamed (I do mine in the microwave, just clean, rinse, drain and steam 3 minutes. NO added water) HOT fresh string beans into dressing and toss well. They are good hot, warm or ice cold the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
MM...lovely as always
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
All those food photos look yummy. Good job guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Oh, my....wonderful sounding meals, everyone. I had nothing for dinner - went for a late lunch today with my daughter and 3 of the grandkids. They had pizza and I had a humongous salad. Afterwards, we went to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream It was 109 today, so it seemed fittin.

Harry, your chicken dinner looks amazing. Rocklobster, looks wonderful. Msmofet, I zeroed in on your stuffing, it's not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas!

The grilled wings sound so appetizing, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
very nice, mofet. you always get such a good sear. cast iron? and i want your stuffing. now!


my broiled buffalo wings came out great tonight. pictorial and "recipe" (it's too easy to really be a recipe) is posted under meats/chicken.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ngs-81028.html

my photography and cooking skills aren't quite up to harry's, but it's a start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
nice plates both
Thank you everyone.

Bucky - Yes I use cast iron to cook almost everything.

Your wings look very good!!

Stuffing - Arnold's herb stuffing CUBES, celery, onion, butter, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken stock.

Saute celery and onion in butter, add seasoning, add stock bring to boil, turn off, add cubes, toss well and serve. Start to finish maybe 15 minutes depending on how long you take to chop. Better than stove top stuffing! Quick easy side dish for poultry, pork or fish. I sometimes add chopped fresh mushrooms, chopped fresh rosemary, chopped fresh sage, chopped fresh thyme and chopped walnuts.
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.