"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Rightio! Thanks. I will fiddle with mine later. Then I will see to the camera after that.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #52
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
funny, that's the same thing you call bolas.

minus the decent lens part...
knew you'd spot that you b*gger that's why i went back in & edited it to say(like it's owner) trouble is me old arthritic fingers couldn't work as fast as me brain.....damn!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #53
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Rightio! Thanks. I will fiddle with mine later. Then I will see to the camera after that.
ha!nice one rock,bet you spotted tom on the thread & thought you'd get that one in first eh?
we're scared but one step ahead of ya tom
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #54
Senior Cook

Love the IMAX Harry. Not been to the one in Manchester, but have been to the one in Bradford and was very impressed. I really wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises there, but ended up just seeing it in a bog standard cinema (was still impressed with the film though).
And your chicken looks lovely. I am sat here now pretty much drooling over the keyboard. Too much information right? ;)

Last night I was lazy and just shoved some fish in the oven and had it over a salad consisting of just leaves and cucumber, and sprayed with some caesar salad dressing spray. It was just too hot and I've had a bit of a hectic week so I was shattered and wanted to do nothing more than snuggle on the sofa with a good film.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #55
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
Love the IMAX Harry. Not been to the one in Manchester, but have been to the one in Bradford and was very impressed. I really wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises there, but ended up just seeing it in a bog standard cinema (was still impressed with the film though).
And your chicken looks lovely. I am sat here now pretty much drooling over the keyboard. Too much information right? ;)

Last night I was lazy and just shoved some fish in the oven and had it over a salad consisting of just leaves and cucumber, and sprayed with some caesar salad dressing spray. It was just too hot and I've had a bit of a hectic week so I was shattered and wanted to do nothing more than snuggle on the sofa with a good film.
imax rules kez.it truly is the dogs danglies 'innit? & worth an extra couple of quid for the tickets.not seen the new batman yet,will go & see it with my son next week i think.is it better than dark knight....can't be surely,no heath ledger....huge talent sadly missed!
cuddles on the settee is the best....as long as "the other 'alf" gets the ciders in from the fridge eh?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #56
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean
imax rules kez.it truly is the dogs danglies 'innit? & worth an extra couple of quid for the tickets.not seen the new batman yet,will go & see it with my son next week i think.is it better than dark knight....can't be surely,no heath ledger....huge talent sadly missed!
cuddles on the settee is the best....as long as "the other 'alf" gets the ciders in from the fridge eh?
It sure is, IMAX is one of the best inventions in the film world. The one near us mostly just shows documentary type stuff, the odd film here and there.
As for it being better than The Dark Knight, hmmm... So difficult to answer! Yes and no. Yes in that I thought it kicked huge butt, didn't drag like I thought it was, and had me on the edge of my seat more than TDK. No because Heath just made that movie and his performance was outstanding. However, Bale is in it and he's pretty fit so I'm not complaining... ;)
Cuddles on the settee are the best, but I'm afraid mine is just with a cosy hot water bottle haha and I have to get the cider myself...
Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #57
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
It sure is, IMAX is one of the best inventions in the film world. The one near us mostly just shows documentary type stuff, the odd film here and there.
As for it being better than The Dark Knight, hmmm... So difficult to answer! Yes and no. Yes in that I thought it kicked huge butt, didn't drag like I thought it was, and had me on the edge of my seat more than TDK. No because Heath just made that movie and his performance was outstanding. However, Bale is in it and he's pretty fit so I'm not complaining... ;)
Cuddles on the settee are the best, but I'm afraid mine is just with a cosy hot water bottle haha and I have to get the cider myself...
yeah well i suppose hot water bottles don't roll over & fart!!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #58
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
And you just gave us your recipe! Thank you!
LOL It is a simple recipe. Be sure to make dressing first then toss steamed (I do mine in the microwave, just clean, rinse, drain and steam 3 minutes. NO added water) HOT fresh string beans into dressing and toss well. They are good hot, warm or ice cold the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
MM...lovely as always
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
All those food photos look yummy. Good job guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Oh, my....wonderful sounding meals, everyone. I had nothing for dinner - went for a late lunch today with my daughter and 3 of the grandkids. They had pizza and I had a humongous salad. Afterwards, we went to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream It was 109 today, so it seemed fittin.

Harry, your chicken dinner looks amazing. Rocklobster, looks wonderful. Msmofet, I zeroed in on your stuffing, it's not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas!

The grilled wings sound so appetizing, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
very nice, mofet. you always get such a good sear. cast iron? and i want your stuffing. now!

my broiled buffalo wings came out great tonight. pictorial and "recipe" (it's too easy to really be a recipe) is posted under meats/chicken.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ngs-81028.html

my photography and cooking skills aren't quite up to harry's, but it's a start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
nice plates both
Thank you everyone.

Bucky - Yes I use cast iron to cook almost everything.

Your wings look very good!!

Stuffing - Arnold's herb stuffing CUBES, celery, onion, butter, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken stock.

Saute celery and onion in butter, add seasoning, add stock bring to boil, turn off, add cubes, toss well and serve. Start to finish maybe 15 minutes depending on how long you take to chop. Better than stove top stuffing! Quick easy side dish for poultry, pork or fish. I sometimes add chopped fresh mushrooms, chopped fresh rosemary, chopped fresh sage, chopped fresh thyme and chopped walnuts.

Tags
cooking