What's Cooking? 8/8/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to one years ago, but they got rid of it for some reason...they are great...although the one H went to sounds larger
morning cobber.....it is a massive screen.bit more expensive ticket wise but there are fewer seats in the theatre & the seats are like airline seating but with lots of legroom.worth the extra....ben & i love the movies:):cool:

Sheesh, you guys. Mon Dieu. Back to Elba. :LOL:

Harry, your chicken looks wonderful!

Made corn soup with leftover ears (of corn) and am now debating whether to use PF's Wasabi Ginger dressing with either fresh green beans or shredded cukes.
back to elba?:LOL:! nice one dawg....tom,methinks we need to watch this one....methinks we've got competition buddy:cool:!
thanks dawg,i love it...trouble is once i've eaten it i could cook & eat it everyday,particularly when the weather is warm & sunny like it is now....not for long though knowing our climate....

Thanks Harry. How do you get your thumbnail photos so big? Are you just adding them to attatchments?
now you're asking rock....i'm the original computer dunce!!
i have my camera set to email quality size so lots of pics can be taken on the memory card.sorry don't know the techno lingo!
download to my pictures in windows on my laptop then when i have typed the narrative in the thread just click attachments...the paperclip icon at the top of this page & browse images,select,then upload.is that clear rock?like i said,i just do it,bit of a knuckle head when it comes to computers:ermm:!

OK. Thanks. That's what I do, but for some reason yours look larger. Maybe you have them set up larger on your camera. No biggy...
just checked rock...camera is set to sq2 640 x 480 on a 1gb card.it's an olympus fe-230..only 7 megapix....old,cheap & cheerful(like it's owner!) but a decent lens...that's all i know bud

funny, that's the same thing you call bolas.

minus the decent lens part... :mrgreen:
knew you'd spot that you b*gger that's why i went back in & edited it to say(like it's owner) trouble is me old arthritic fingers couldn't work as fast as me brain.....damn!

Love the IMAX Harry. Not been to the one in Manchester, but have been to the one in Bradford and was very impressed. I really wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises there, but ended up just seeing it in a bog standard cinema (was still impressed with the film though).
And your chicken looks lovely. I am sat here now pretty much drooling over the keyboard. Too much information right? ;)

Last night I was lazy and just shoved some fish in the oven and had it over a salad consisting of just leaves and cucumber, and sprayed with some caesar salad dressing spray. It was just too hot and I've had a bit of a hectic week so I was shattered and wanted to do nothing more than snuggle on the sofa with a good film.

Love the IMAX Harry. Not been to the one in Manchester, but have been to the one in Bradford and was very impressed. I really wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises there, but ended up just seeing it in a bog standard cinema (was still impressed with the film though).
And your chicken looks lovely. I am sat here now pretty much drooling over the keyboard. Too much information right? ;)

Last night I was lazy and just shoved some fish in the oven and had it over a salad consisting of just leaves and cucumber, and sprayed with some caesar salad dressing spray. It was just too hot and I've had a bit of a hectic week so I was shattered and wanted to do nothing more than snuggle on the sofa with a good film.
imax rules kez.it truly is the dogs danglies 'innit? & worth an extra couple of quid for the tickets.not seen the new batman yet,will go & see it with my son next week i think.is it better than dark knight....can't be surely,no heath ledger....huge talent sadly missed:(!
cuddles on the settee is the best....as long as "the other 'alf" gets the ciders in from the fridge eh?

Harry Cobean said:
imax rules kez.it truly is the dogs danglies 'innit? & worth an extra couple of quid for the tickets.not seen the new batman yet,will go & see it with my son next week i think.is it better than dark knight....can't be surely,no heath ledger....huge talent sadly missed:(!
cuddles on the settee is the best....as long as "the other 'alf" gets the ciders in from the fridge eh?

It sure is, IMAX is one of the best inventions in the film world. The one near us mostly just shows documentary type stuff, the odd film here and there.
As for it being better than The Dark Knight, hmmm... So difficult to answer! Yes and no. Yes in that I thought it kicked huge butt, didn't drag like I thought it was, and had me on the edge of my seat more than TDK. No because Heath just made that movie and his performance was outstanding. However, Bale is in it and he's pretty fit so I'm not complaining... ;)
Cuddles on the settee are the best, but I'm afraid mine is just with a cosy hot water bottle haha and I have to get the cider myself...

It sure is, IMAX is one of the best inventions in the film world. The one near us mostly just shows documentary type stuff, the odd film here and there.
As for it being better than The Dark Knight, hmmm... So difficult to answer! Yes and no. Yes in that I thought it kicked huge butt, didn't drag like I thought it was, and had me on the edge of my seat more than TDK. No because Heath just made that movie and his performance was outstanding. However, Bale is in it and he's pretty fit so I'm not complaining... ;)
Cuddles on the settee are the best, but I'm afraid mine is just with a cosy hot water bottle haha and I have to get the cider myself...
yeah well i suppose hot water bottles don't roll over & fart:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!

And you just gave us your recipe! :) Thank you!
LOL It is a simple recipe. Be sure to make dressing first then toss steamed (I do mine in the microwave, just clean, rinse, drain and steam 3 minutes. NO added water) HOT fresh string beans into dressing and toss well. They are good hot, warm or ice cold the next day.
MM...lovely as always :chef:

All those food photos look yummy. Good job guys.

Oh, my....wonderful sounding meals, everyone. I had nothing for dinner - went for a late lunch today with my daughter and 3 of the grandkids. They had pizza and I had a humongous salad. Afterwards, we went to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream :LOL: It was 109 today, so it seemed fittin. :)

Harry, your chicken dinner looks amazing. Rocklobster, looks wonderful. Msmofet, I zeroed in on your stuffing, it's not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas! :)

The grilled wings sound so appetizing, too!

very nice, mofet. you always get such a good sear. cast iron? and i want your stuffing. now!

my broiled buffalo wings came out great tonight. pictorial and "recipe" (it's too easy to really be a recipe) is posted under meats/chicken.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/buckytoms-broiled-buffalo-wings-81028.html

my photography and cooking skills aren't quite up to harry's, but it's a start.

nice plates both:yum:
Thank you everyone.

Bucky - Yes I use cast iron to cook almost everything.

Your wings look very good!!

Stuffing - Arnold's herb stuffing CUBES, celery, onion, butter, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken stock.

Saute celery and onion in butter, add seasoning, add stock bring to boil, turn off, add cubes, toss well and serve. Start to finish maybe 15 minutes depending on how long you take to chop. Better than stove top stuffing! Quick easy side dish for poultry, pork or fish. I sometimes add chopped fresh mushrooms, chopped fresh rosemary, chopped fresh sage, chopped fresh thyme and chopped walnuts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom