What's Cooking? 8/8/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msmofet said:
Thank you DL. I wish I had some more of the string bean salad. No left overs :( It had just the right amount of fresh garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper.

And you just gave us your recipe! :) Thank you!

Last edited:
Rocklobster said:
Black things? The darkest pieces there are bok choy.

Heh. Just cleaned my monitor... they looked black. :blush:

Still looks wonderful!

Last edited:
I grilled pork chops and made a salad with blue cheese dressing, tomatoes cukes and radishes. Extra chop will be for something tomorry.

Pan-fried pork loin chops, homemade stuffing, gravy and fresh string bean salad

img_1172712_0_65226e99218b6ba485be94f5fe6bdf44.jpg

MM...lovely as always :chef:

Went to the Danish Club for lunch. Since I picked up the sandwiches, I got the leftover sandwiches and shared with CWS.

So, for supper we had Danish open faced sandwiches (smørrebrød). There were three ham, one fried fish, one leverpostej (liver pate), and one pork roast. We had akvavit with that.

Oh, my....wonderful sounding meals, everyone. I had nothing for dinner - went for a late lunch today with my daughter and 3 of the grandkids. They had pizza and I had a humongous salad. Afterwards, we went to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream :LOL: It was 109 today, so it seemed fittin. :)

Harry, your chicken dinner looks amazing. Rocklobster, looks wonderful. Msmofet, I zeroed in on your stuffing, it's not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas! :)

The grilled wings sound so appetizing, too!

Last edited:
yeah, i hear ya, monsieur.

this laurel wreath and toga are gettin' knida itchy. where's my salad, darnit?
:LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:....you,a nurse....sorry mate,just had a vision of heath ledger as the joker disguised as a nurse in the dark night....just before he blows up the hospital......just priceless....best film ever,my son & i saw it in 3D,3 times at the imax in manchester....a screen the size of an eight storey building,a sound system more powerful than two thousand home stereos etc etc etc

i've always wanted to go to an imax theatre. i've heard they're incredible.

did you remember to bring your son home?

The heat is ON - 107 degrees predicted today (& much of the same the rest of the week).

Making Salmon Pasta Nicoise salad - smoked wild alaskan salmon, black olives, rotini, cut Italian green beans, red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, avocado & honey dijon vinaigrette dressing.

What's cooking at your place?
great food,nice dress too,lovin' the new avatar cerise;)!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:....you,a nurse....sorry mate,just had a vision of heath ledger as the joker disguised as a nurse in the dark night....just before he blows up the hospital......just priceless....best film ever,my son & i saw it in 3D,3 times at the imax in manchester....a screen the size of an eight storey building,a sound system more powerful than two thousand home stereos etc etc etc

Sounds like a massive screen that Imax ;)

i've always wanted to go to an imax theatre. i've heard they're incredible.

did you remember to bring your son home?
yep,you're only allowed to forget your kids if you are a british prime minister;)!!
imax is superb.the screen is huuuuuuuuuuuge,the sound is so powerful the seats vibrate and,for example,where batman launches himself off that skyscraper you actually got a feeling of vertigo.we saw it in normal mode in the imax(not 3D)as well.same thing happened.saw beowulf there with ben & my boss(he's also a great friend of mine...my boss that is not ben...but ben & i get on ok too!...right ramble over)in 3D we were literally "dodging" the spears & arrows:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom