What's Cooking? 8/8/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
The heat is ON - 107 degrees predicted today (& much of the same the rest of the week).

Making Salmon Pasta Nicoise salad - smoked wild alaskan salmon, black olives, rotini, cut Italian green beans, red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, avocado & honey dijon vinaigrette dressing.

What's cooking at your place?

Cerise, good for you for preparing anything in 107degrees. If it was me, we'd be having cereal for dinner- lol!

I'm making pineapple chicken stir fry over white rice. It's chicken breast, cubed and marinated in pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger, stir fried with red peppers, pineapple chunks and peanuts.

Leftovers. I've got too many dishes going on so that the fridge is as packed as the freezer. Time for a clear out/rearrangement.

just cooked/eaten this & posted the recipe in chicken section.try it please.it is virtually fat free,mega tasty,hot as the hobs of hell & terribly good for you,but,oy if you need antibiotics it may not help...try chicken noodle!
as i said in the recipe the condiment HAS NOT been anywhere near the chook.i reserved it from the batch BEFORE marinading.check out the recipe for details
HARRY'S HEALTHY PIRI PIRI CHICKEN....

Attachments

• PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 001.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 001.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 161
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 002.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 002.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 155
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 003.jpg
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 003.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 171
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 004.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 004.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 142
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 005.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 005.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 154
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 006.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 006.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 148
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 007.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 007.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 159
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 009.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 009.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 141
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 010.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 010.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 157
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 011.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 011.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 160
  • PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 012.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 012.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
very nice chook ya got there, harry. i'll have to save the recipe.

i'm making buffalo wings tonight, served with a big side salad of iceberg and romaine, snap peas, and shredded red cabbage and carrots.

the only question now is do i want to broil or grill the wings?

Last edited:
very nice chook ya got there, harry. i'll have to save the recipe.

i'm making buffalo wings tonight, served with a big side salad of iceberg and romaine, snap peas, and shredded red cabbage and carrots.

the only question now is do i want to broil or grill the wings?
thanks tom.grill 'em & if they don't admit to the heist then broil 'em:LOL:!

lol, i've got the empty room, single chair, and light bulb hanging from a wire all ready to go.

where's my deep cycle battery and jumper cables?

lol, i've got the empty room, single chair, and light bulb hanging from a wire all ready to go.

where's my deep cycle battery and jumper cables?
the water torture,don't forget the dripping water on the forehead and,and and,bamboo under the finger nails......what did you say nurse....ok i'll take me tablet & get back into bed....get her,thinks she can tell napolean what to do:ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:!!

yeah, i hear ya, monsieur.

this laurel wreath and toga are gettin' knida itchy. where's my salad, darnit?

Sheesh, you guys. Mon Dieu. Back to Elba. :LOL:

Harry, your chicken looks wonderful!

Made corn soup with leftover ears (of corn) and am now debating whether to use PF's Wasabi Ginger dressing with either fresh green beans or shredded cukes.

Last edited:
I had leftover fajita meat and veggies, some chips, and lots of lettuce, so I made a yummy fajita salad, and then I went and got some tomatoes from a roadside stand, and I have creamy home made tomato basil soup on the stove. Yum yum!! Fresh basil and nice ripe tomatoes make the soup. Mmmmmm

Pan-fried pork loin chops, homemade stuffing, gravy and fresh string bean salad

img_1172638_0_65226e99218b6ba485be94f5fe6bdf44.jpg

Pizza with the works.....fresh slices of jalapenos, fresh bells, onions, pepperoni, mozzarella, homegrown tomatoes, good ol' sage sausage, and anything else I happen to run across that Mrs Hoot don't object to....:LOL:

The larder is lean and I spent the afternoon driving home from my "rendezvous" with my sweetie (one night stand for our anniversary!). It was either frozen hamburgers or take-out pizza. The yungun wanted pizza. I told him, "you order and pick it up and I'll pay" so we had Dominos pizza. Guess I'll have to hit the store tomorrow.

Nothing cooking here but us! It is starting to cool off a little (pretty sure it is about to storm). Tonight's supper -- tuna salad and cottage cheese.

Back
Top Bottom