What's Cooking? 9/16/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am doing ribs today. My BBQ sauce is simmering and TB will soon be firing up the grill (we eat an early main meal because of his work shifts). Not totally sure of sides yet!

What's on your menu today?

A little cooler temps today, so I'm going to make the cream of broccoli soup I've been craving. Jalapeno cheddar corn bread on the side. :yum:

I"am making BBq Chicken pizza , with my leftover chicken from last night , I added onions and fresh garden tomatoes with mozzerella cheese and a bit of bbq sauce .

Maybe Split Pea Soup or Black Bean definitely a soup day . Bought ham shanks and a country ham shoulder to add to whichever I make. I cook the shanks with the beans and slow roast the ham. Then shred pieces for the soup. Delicious!

I am doing ribs today. My BBQ sauce is simmering and TB will soon be firing up the grill (we eat an early main meal because of his work shifts). Not totally sure of sides yet!

What's on your menu today?

The ribs were delicious! We just had a garden salad with them and it was enough. Kay is still staying with us and she normally doesn't eat ribs but chowed down quite nicely on these! :)

Cold and rainy today so "The All American" Meatloaf, mashed, peas, w/ gravy.

img_1436650_0_3f44092bd2943c157f656a138e29467b.jpg

After fancy foods on our Western Canada trip I'm ready for good and simple. Pan fried brined pork chops, loaded baked potato's and SousChef's big glorified green dinner salads.
I never seem to be able to get enough greens on a trip. Gah..my system needs my greens!:D

Dinner was delicious! After eating really high on the hog for 10 days, it was a delight to have simple food by Kayelle, who is an excellent cook!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom