Whats cooking August 1, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i think it's breaded chicken cutlets, wild and white rice, spinach and lemon chicken gravy.

how about you?

Good morning msmofet.

Today it's Honey walnut chicken salad on honey wheat bread - the same thing as honey pecan chicken salad except I don't have any pecans... I have crushed walnuts I need to use before they turn rancid, and I made a surprise discovery of a frozen package of chicken boneless/skinless breasts yesterday. Perhaps I should search my freezer more often!

Good morning msmofet.

Today it's Honey walnut chicken salad on honey wheat bread - the same thing as honey pecan chicken salad except I don't have any pecans... I have crushed walnuts I need to use before they turn rancid, and I made a surprise discovery of a frozen package of chicken boneless/skinless breasts yesterday. Perhaps I should search my freezer more often!
good morning to you also arky!! i keep my walnuts and pecans in the freezer, this keeps them good much longer.

gonna do the probably last harvest of my spring broccoli plants this am....and am planning a cheese sauce over steamed broccoli and ww toast. The cheese sauce will be an experiment, using a home made ricotta that was made into a taco flavored cheese..

Just returned from farmers market... so have farm fresh eggs, basil, tomatoes and peppers! mmmm! So will d o scrambled eggs for b'fast, and some kind of pasta for supper.

I'm so jealous.

Only thing that's cooking for me today is a brutal 2nd round of editing for this month's show, which I hope to get done and uploaded before midnight tonight so I can still say it was "on time"... :wacko:

I've decided to make Mark a breaded chicken breast with a little spaghetti sauce and mozz cheese on top. On the side, sliced roasted potato and broccoli.

I have some tasty mushrooms to use up. So, my dinner will be around that.

we went to dentist at 2:30 then we went to eat at the long horn resturant for early dinner. i took my burger and mashed taters home. i think i am getting sick. the chicken will be made for sunday dinner.

This was Mark's dinner, which I had part of. I didn't have any breadcrumbs, so I used egg and Bisquick. It turned out really tasty! I thought I had broccoli, but I didn't, so green beans replaced it.

img_841509_0_a10796b283e0178044096576ebcc9e3c.jpg

img_841509_1_5314fdc183e9f1961411486f8e88ce81.jpg

Back
Top Bottom