What's cooking Election Day Tuesday November 3, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never posted what I was making for dinner. I think sausage/rice stuffed peppers with potato on the side, maybe home fries.
This was our dinner.

img_860020_0_c112b58ff01d1bed1a72f4efd5a499d6.jpg

One of my comfort foods - Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with meat sauce (cubed bottom round roast seasoned well and browned, then simmered in burgundy wine till tender, then "pulled" and added to red gravy) and grated Italian cheese.

img_860023_0_ff621dd2e9d63343b981ae0015a802a8.jpg

img_860023_1_3d25ba7f8961bcd7f785b56233347e38.jpg
Ahhh.. there's your favorite pasta! Looks mighty good! All I would need on the side is a big glass of milk and warm, cheesy garlic bread! ;)

Leftover penne quattro formaggi and a salad of bitter greens. Tasty.

I just nursed my li'l peanut back to health, and my big pot of potato-leek soup was very helpful. There's something healing about soup.
Somehow, with lots of Emergen-C, the boy and I managed to aviod it, sofar anyway. The schools in our little town have been decimated by the flu.

Maybe the Emergen-C will help you, Alix. looks like you've got hte healing soup all covered.......

And it's always happy hour somewhere. :ROFLMAO:

Ahhh.. there's your favorite pasta! Looks mighty good! All I would need on the side is a big glass of milk and warm, cheesy garlic bread! ;)
thank you vb!! i went to the dentist (which is a bit of a ride), voted, went to Lowes to get a tub faucet, shower curtain liner, shower rod, room darkeners, and a few other errands which wiped my back out and my damaged foot looked like a football. i wanted to stop at the farm market and get some fantastic sesame seed loaves for garlic bread but the body was week :(. i do have my heart set on those loaves for cheese steak sammies with a twist. so i will be getting some soon. :chef:

James found this recipe for Slow Cooker Chili Mole and asked me to try it, so that is what we are having tonight. I'll let you know how we liked it later.

:)Barbara
The jury is in. James liked it better than I did. It was ok at first, but the more I ate the less I liked it. The chocolate just kind of became overpowering and kind of left a greasy feeling in my mouth. I am glad we tried it, but I will stick to my regular chili from now on!

:)Barbara

I'm calling it italian breakfast pasta.

No acually breakfast stuff, just a play on words.

Took some italian sausage with ramano and garlic in it
took some pancetta
cut up both of them and sauteed in a pan
made up some six cheese alfredo(parm, asiago, provalone, mozz, ramono, ricotta)
added some roasted garlic
simmered it for a while.
cooked up some fettuccine with water/chicken stock which I made last night.
Also added two spoons of cream cheese and it gave it a real nice tecture.

absolutely delicious!!

I have some hamburger out thawing. I feel like absolute crap though so I have no clue what to make with it. Something really easy and low effort is on the horizon I think.

I have some hamburger out thawing. I feel like absolute crap though so I have no clue what to make with it. Something really easy and low effort is on the horizon I think.

so sorry you feel so bad Alix. can't someone else cook so you can rest?

I feel so crappy I posted this in the wrong thread! The good news is that Ken brought home pizza. He's a good husband.

Back
Top Bottom