What's Cooking For TGI Friday, August 26?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I know it is 10 minutes to Friday where I am, but I am really excited about dinner tonight. It is DH's birthday and I am doing a 4 course meal
1) Appetizer is a gazpacho soup with basil pesto garnish
2) Salmon marinated in maple syrup on a fresh mango salsa
3) Chicken souvlaki with rice pilaf and mixed steamed veggies
4) Homemade strawberry balsamic sorbet with gluten free cake.

I hope he will enjoy it as much as I will making it! :chef:

I know it is 10 minutes to Friday where I am, but I am really excited about dinner tonight. It is DH's birthday and I am doing a 4 course meal
Appetizer is a gazpacho soup with basil pesto garnish
salmon marinated in maple syrup on a fresh mango salsa
Chicken souvlaki with rice pilaf and mixed steamed veggies
Homemade strawberry balsamic sorbet with gluten free cake.

I know he will enjoy it as much as I will making it! :chef:

I also just started Fridays dinner thread :LOL:
Your menu sounds fabulous :)

I know, I have merged them!
we posted at the exact same time! And thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

I saw that :LOL: Jinks :)
Your dinner does sounds great! It always does :) I'm still thinking what else I can make, maybe I'll find some nice veggies. They've stopped a lot of produce from coming into Botswana from SA so I can't find tomatoes anywhere!!!! I can't cook without tomato :(

DINNER Friday Aug. 26th

Tonight offers a little window of good weather before our house guest Irene arrives. I'm grilling country style ribs marinated in a chipotle marinade along with some stuff I haven't decided yet for sides.

Tonight offers a little window of good weather before our house guest Irene arrives. I'm grilling country style ribs marinated in a chipotle marinade along with some stuff I haven't decided yet for sides.

LP and I both started tonight's dinner thread earlier and had to merge them :LOL:
Guess we have a 3rd one to merge with those!
Your dinner sounds good Andy :)

One guest you want to keep outside ;)

I looked in the Today's Menu section and didn't see any others. I guess I'd better look more closely next time.

Still no fresh veggies at the supermarket :(
I've made Nataniel's brown rice and lentil diet recipe as a side for the rib eye lol!
It's kinda like having a double cheese burger with a diet coke :p

Andy, sending prayers and good thoughts that Irene will forget your address and not show up. Your ribs sound yummy!

I looked in the Today's Menu section and didn't see any others. I guess I'd better look more closely next time.

No worries, I got more practice on merging threads! :)

I got some good advice about making fish taco's on yesterday's thread, and I'll be making some today. The fish didn't defrost in time yesterday.

Your B-day dinner sounds wonderful LP !! We need a full report tonight.

Snip, why is that?
They've stopped a lot of produce from coming into Botswana from SA so I can't find tomatoes anywhere!!!!

Spent too much time thinking of things I need for the big storm that dinner hadn't occurred to me yet! I'm going out this afternoon for a 2pm meeting and getting the car filled with gas, stopping at the bank for cash and might stop at the grocery and see what they have left. I'm set on bread and milk and water but don't have a lot of sandwich stuff so may pick up some cold cuts. I'll figure out supper there I guess.

Like Andy we're waiting for Hurricane Irene to come by on Saturday/Sunday. We live about ten minutes from the beach, so it's a waiting game to see if we'll have to evacuate. Today is beautiful, although a bit on the humid side.

Dinner tonight will be chicken tacos with all the fixings.

Enjoy the day and thoughts of safety for all in the path of Irene.

I got some good advice about making fish taco's on yesterday's thread, and I'll be making some today. The fish didn't defrost in time yesterday.

Your B-day dinner sounds wonderful LP !! We need a full report tonight.

Snip, why is that?

It's because of some or other health scare regarding the South African produce.
There are not many fresh fruit and veggies available locally. I did hear today exactly what but I forgot!
I don't really pay much attention to it, last time it was a pork and milk shortage because of a foot and mouth disease scare but that wasn't true so they started importing form SA again.
It happens often but always just for a little while :rolleyes:

I just returned from the grocery store where a T-bone in the butcher's case was calling to me... hey pacanis, you know you want me for dinner tonight. hey, get over here... so I did. Even though T-bones are not my favorite cut, I could not pass up that beautiful marbling, vibrant red color and the fact that it could talk.
I'll fire up the Smokey Joe and also toss on a spud, heat up some leftover maque choux and have a cup of mushroom soup if I get around to making it.

A pork tenderloin...rolled around in a hot skillet for a few....then popped in the oven.
There's got to be enough scraps in the refrigerator to make up the rest.....

I just returned from the grocery store where a T-bone in the butcher's case was calling to me... hey pacanis, you know you want me for dinner tonight. hey, get over here... so I did. Even though T-bones are not my favorite cut, I could not pass up that beautiful marbling, vibrant red color and the fact that it could talk.
I'll fire up the Smokey Joe and also toss on a spud, heat up some leftover maque choux and have a cup of mushroom soup if I get around to making it.

Toss me a cup of that soup too :( Wanted to make some today but with no fresh veg in the shops I couldn't. I'm dying for some homemade soup!!!!!
Tell me Pac, when the steak spoke to you did you answer? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom