What's cooking for Tuesday Oct.11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was lunch:- Cauliflower 'n Green Beans with Gruyere and Walmart's Seasoned Cod with mini Romas

img_1483539_0_a513613fbc3239b3247ea2819d9fd10f.jpg

and this was supper:- Vegetarian Stir Fry, made unvegetarian by adding some homemade pork dumplings.. duh...
Green Beans, Cauliflower, Butternut Squash, Celeriac, Sprouts and requisite garlic, ginger and scallions sprinkled on last.

img_1483539_1_fa2efa57a4a6dc09acf1ee212a0b218a.jpg

The Walmart seasoned cod looks delish! Sometimes Walmart hits on a great product. I love their Walmart wings.

For me, I had brick chicken and mac n cheese. I went back to basics, not in the mood for anything fancy right now. Except for baking, I'm obsessed with baking. I'm going to attempt this pink champagne cake tonight

https://food52.com/recipes/61548-pink-champagne-cake

A little late but Tuesdays dinner was mushroom barley soup and some corn fritters slathered in applesauce. I haven't made fritters in years and they were spectacular - diet busters but sooo good.

The Walmart seasoned cod looks delish! Sometimes Walmart hits on a great product. I love their Walmart wings.

For me, I had brick chicken and mac n cheese. I went back to basics, not in the mood for anything fancy right now. Except for baking, I'm obsessed with baking. I'm going to attempt this pink champagne cake tonight

https://food52.com/recipes/61548-pink-champagne-cake

Walmart sells frozen super colossal shrimp. I like that. These are big shrimp! They butterfly beautifully and go good with a steak, grilled or oven broiled.

Last edited:
CG, I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Leftovers! And now that our stupid fridge doesn't light up due to the freezer incident, I just feel around and pull stuff out. We've had a few surprises.

Dawg, I am a big believer in making leftovers! :LOL: Since we both like "re-heats", I think it is in my best interest to make sure there is something ready-to-eat when I realize I need to start thinking about what's for supper...at 8:00 PM! My favorite day during winter is my "soup day". Four burners, each with a good sized pot bubbling with a different soup. By the end of the night I have enough for a week's worth of meals, plus extra to share with my neighbor friend up the street who loves my homemade soup. I trade soup for mail pick-up when we're out of town. :)

Back
Top Bottom